Administration/General Management: Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources Business Partner - Honda Center (Anaheim, CA)
Human Resources Business Partner
The HR Business Partner will support the Food & Beverage (F&B) Services Department. Through expert interpersonal skills, manages the relationships between the client, vendors, employees and Human Resources partners. Maximizes the employee experiences by ensuring that Customer Service is maintained at the highest level. Provide guidance and direction to F&B management on sensitive employee relations, staffing, performance management and union avoidance strategies. Manage the tactical, day-to-day administrative tasks surrounding the HR support for F&B. This position is also responsible for ensuring that exceptional hospitality is provided, alcoholic beverages are served safely, food quality and sanitation standards are maintained at all times. Expediently and effectively resolves issues. Maintains online HRBP business continuity plan for F&B department. Supports HR team in carrying out various Company programs and procedures. This position reports to the Human Resources Director.
Examples of Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
· Recruitment and Selection: Assist in the creation of job descriptions, advertising positions, social media marketing, conducting preliminary interviews and scheduling. Establishes relationship with local Colleges and Universities to develop feed pools into entry level positions. Identify retention strategies to reduce turnover.
· Training Certification: Coordinates mandatory training requirements for the department, tracks and verifies Responsible Alcohol Service, health and food related certifications and expirations in ADP. Monitors completion and escalates incompletes or expirations to HR for follow up. Manage document control for F&B Department Handbook, policies and procedures.
· On-boarding / Separations: Develops appropriate orientation and on-boarding programs for new employees. Delivers new employee orientation covering workplace policies and service standards. Processes background screens, conducts orientations, and process new hire paperwork. Coordinate with F&B Finance to obtain final check, conduct exit interview, ensure separation paperwork is complete and
· HR Training: Trains F&B managers on how to best handle HR matters that can be resolved without the assistance of the HR department. Continue improving the programs, policies, practices and processes associated with meeting the strategic and operational people needs.
· Employee Relations: Assist F&B managers in resolvable performance issues and employee relations matters. Participates in employee incident investigations and addresses concerns in a timely fashion. Ensure that discipline is applied in accordance with policy. Counsel employees in matters including employment, career development and disciplinary issues.
· Development: Oversee and support the mentorship and development of all F&B managers. Design and deliver Supervisory and Lead Training Programs. Participate in F&B Leadership Development Planning.
· Compliance: Review and update department policies, ensure Company and HR policy adherence. Monitor and wage and hour compliance. Promote quality, safety and security in all HR activities.
· Communication: Proactively monitor current status of all open activities, keeping the appropriate HR partner and HR Director informed as required. Develop effective internal communications (between and among management and employees) to promote morale and achieve department and Company wide goals.
· Consultation: Exemplary leadership, coaching, team building and management skills. Shape and positively influence and create rapport / credibility across all employee levels. Serve as primary liaison to the business leaders.
· Additional Responsibilities and tasks as deemed appropriate by Human Resources Director and Senior Management Team at Honda Center
Specific Qualifications/Abilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Expert interpersonal skills and relationship management
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience, F&B / Hospitality environment preferred.
· 3-5 years progressively complex related experience; arena experience preferred
· Strong proven Customer service experience
· Strong initiative and results oriented
· Strong analytical skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills with high confidentiality
· Solid organizational skills, detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple projects at one time
· Experience in administrative duties with high data integrity in HRIS
· Working knowledge of basic PC applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
· Ability to work a flexible schedule including, nights, weekends and holidays
· Fluency in Spanish preferred not required
Administration/General Management: Administrative/Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant, Chief Marketing & Innovation Officer - Prudential Center/ New Jersey Devils (Newark, NJ)
Reporting to the Chief Marketing and Innovation Officer, this position coordinates scheduling, processes reports, makes travel arrangements, maintains calendars and provides other administrative support to the CMIO and all departments that the CMIO oversees (Marketing, Communications, Community Investment and Grassroots, Strategy, Digital Marketing, Game Presentation, Creative, Entertainment Marketing and Ticket Sales). The Executive Assistant must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced, high-energy environment, anticipate needs and workflow, and communicate seamlessly with other executives and staff members. The CMIO will delegate authority to the Executive Assistant regarding matters of significance and trust that he or she will maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
Devils Arena Entertainment, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Exercises discretion to act as gatekeeper for CMIO, including managing CMIO’s calendars to schedule both internal and external meetings, answering and filtering incoming calls and screening incoming emails and information on behalf of the CMIO.
- Coordinates and schedules travel arrangements.
- Prepares and processes business expense reports and invoices in a timely manner;
- Research/fact-find for presentations and other initiatives;
- Coordinate and plan meetings, conference calls, speaking engagements and special events, including arrangement of logistics, meeting space, communications.
- Create meeting agendas and provide departmental feedback post meetings.
- Understand how tasks and objectives contribute to the overall Marketing business goals and objectives.
- Handle highly confidential information in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Work closely with various departments to organize marketing meetings, off-sites, events and other functions.
- Manage CMIO’s VIP suites, guest ticket requests and parking arrangements, and serves as host as required;
- All other duties as delegated by the CMIO regarding matters of significance.
- Has worked in a marketing environment supporting C-Suite executives;
- Minimum 3-5 years administrative experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High attention to detail, organization and process;
- Strong teamwork and relationship management skills; must be able to work effectively with all personalities;
- Strong level of judgement and intuition, must be proactive;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Must have the proven ability to management multiple projects, work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Strong computer skills (MS Office applications) required;
- Close attention to detail and follow-through in all responsibilities;
- Highest level of organizational skills is a must;
- Ability to handle confidential information and projects with professionalism and discretion;
- Mature and effective in dealing with people at all levels of the organization;
- Must have exceptional customer service skills and a professional appearance.
May be required to travel on rare occasions (<5% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
This position generally requires that work be performed from the Prudential Center/New Jersey Devils offices, but attendance at events taking place in the arena or offsite, including on weekends and/or holidays, may be required.