NHL HOCKEY JOBS
Current available jobs in Broadcast:
Position Summary/Description: This position will be responsible for creating motion graphics and video content associated with Scoreboard, Digital, Advertising and Creative content for the Minnesota Wild and the entire RiverCentre complex.
• Create and edit multiple video productions & motion graphic elements at the same time and complete projects by created deadlines or as necessary.
• Create and apply consistent Minnesota Wild branding principles to all videos, elements and creativity.
• Assist with Game Presentation Production for Minnesota Wild and other select RiverCentre complex events as well as Wild.com, Wild Social Media, Wild Corporate and Wild/Xcel Energy Center Marketing.
• Conceptualize and execute content for video board and LED signage in and around complex.
• Assist all production & creative personnel with specific projects.
• Must have the ability and flexibility to create and edit breaking news as it pertains to the NHL, Minnesota Wild and surrounding entities
• Learn specific web site Content Management Systems including encoding and posting procedures.
• Learn and understand the operations and set up of Xcel Energy Center A/V Control Room and servers/file share systems
• Additional duties as assigned.
1. FORMAL EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
• Associate’s degree or higher in Video Production, Film Studies, Mass Media, Graphic Design or equivalent
2. KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of five years’ experience in video production & motion animation
• Must have experience editing for Electronic/Digital media, Broadcast and Game Presentation using (but not limited to) AVID, Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere non-linear systems
• Must be proficient in Adobe Suite, specifically After Effects with strong animation skills and HTML 5 a plus
• Strong knowledge of multi-format High Definition video, video code/codecs and media formats
• Additional computer skills are a necessity
3. PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
• Knowledge of hockey and sports in general is a must
• Must have ability to work efficiently and meet time sensitive deadlines with minimal supervision
• Ability to express creativity with an ability to learn new ideas, concepts and stick with appropriate branding
• Willingness to learn and adapt to changing environments
• Ability to work flexible hours including; days, nights, weekends and holidays
• Lifting requirements – must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, etc.
Reports to: Sr. Director, Production & Entertainment
Department: Production and Entertainment Operations
Job Summary: The Associate Producer for In The Room is responsible for assisting in all aspects of production for the Pittsburgh Penguins behind the scenes show ‘In The Room’. Specific assignments will be determined by the Producer of In The Room, and generally consist of aiding the logging, editing, shooting, writing and story telling of each monthly episode.
Position will work closely with Production, Marketing and Hockey Operations divisions to continue to develop a strong relationship with the team and deliver content that the organization stands behind.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Logging and selecting footage
• Scrub and log footage for In The Room
• Ability to identify good shots and sound bytes that should be considered for use in the show
• Organize and maintain archival library throughout the season
• Edit segments as necessary
• Write script for segments
• Ability to story tell and mesh segment with theme of episode
• Audio mixing
• Weekly teasers for the website
• Shoot occasional practices and game wires
• Select off-ice shoots
• Interviews every 2-3 weeks
• Setup required/set design: lighting and audio equipment
Coordinate for distribution
• Dubs for television
• Publishing for web
• Publishing for VOD and mobile app
• Attendance and active participation in scheduled production meetings
• Assistance in outline for new episodes and creative ideas to make the show better
• Knowledge of the NHL, the Penguins and their history to help tell the story of the Penguins season
• Weekend, Evening, and Holiday hours required as needed
• Other related duties as assigned
Required Knowledge / Technical Skills:
• Proficiency w/ Mac-based Final Cut Pro editing system
• Proficiency with professional ENG equipment and procedures, including field cameras, audio, and lighting
• Proficiency with studio production equipment and procedures, including cameras, lighting, audio, and teleprompter
• Familiarity w/ online web publishing procedures
• Strong brand focus and understanding of viewer trends and expectations. Desire to maximize the viewer experience and quality of In The Room.
• Positive attitude. Passion for excellence, attention to detail, and commitment to continual improvement. High degree of personal integrity and honesty.
• Excellent time-management skills. Ability to juggle several things at once, remain calm under pressure, and consistently contribute to a fun, fast paced environment with high expectations and tight deadlines.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written. Self-confidence to sell ideas as well as accept feedback and alternative approaches.
• Ability to creatively engage and collaborate with management, departments, clients, and project team.
• Ability to work both independently and as a contributing team member.
Experience and Qualifications
Ideal candidate will possess minimum 2-3 years proven hands-on production experience in a professional sports, arena, and/or news-based environment. Previous media production experience is an additional benefit. A bachelor’s degree in Production, Communications, Journalism, or related field is preferred.
Candidates must submit demo reel / samples of work to qualify for interview. Candidates submitting pieces that have been individually produced, front-to-back, writing, editing, etc. will be given stronger consideration, as will candidates with experience in documentary-style filmmaking.
Strong references are a plus.
This is a full-time, salaried, contracted position for the duration of the season. A competitive salary commensurate with your experience is available.
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, specifying position applied for, no later than noon on Tuesday, August 5, 2014.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have post-secondary education in a Media Production, Communications, Journalism or related field?
2. Do you have hands-on working experience as a writer, producer, and/or editor for a sports, arena, or news-based company?
3. Do you have hands-on experience and proficiency w/ Final Cut Pro?
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ