NHL HOCKEY JOBS
Current available jobs in Communications:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
Reports to: Sr. Director, Entertainment and Production Operations (Marketing)
Based at: Pittsburgh Penguins, CONSOL Energy Center, 1001 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Job Summary: This position provides hands-on design, development, and production of multi-platform video programming and computer generated still & motion graphics for the NHL’s Pittsburgh Penguins and their affiliated events and partners. While projects will vary in terms of creative objective and display destination, this position’s primary focus will be to support all aspects of our Marketing, Sales, and Game Presentation disciplines by delivering impactful, high-energy programming and synergistic graphic animations across a multi-media assets package that includes HD video, LED ribbon boards, television, and web. Position will work closely with direct reports and department colleagues, as well as all other inter-department and/or designated 3rd party clients as needed, to ensure that all project objectives, including creative direction, branding guidelines, and required deadlines, are successfully achieved. Position will also take an active role as a member of our live event presentation team for all Penguins games and events as well as all signature CONSOL Energy Center events as scheduled.
Experience and Qualifications:
Ideal candidate will possess a strong combination of the following attributes…
- Demonstrated hands-on proficiency with Mac-based graphics and editing tools, including Adobe Illustrator, PhotoShop, After Effects, Cinema 4D, and Final Cut Pro 7.
- Previous experience designing assets for multi-platform display formats including LED ribbon boards, HD video, web & social media devices.
- Minimum 2-3 year’s related experience with an NHL team or similar sports entity and/or venue.
- Post-secondary education and training in a digital media productions-related field.
- Strong overall computer desktop skills, including traditional Microsoft Office, Internet, and social media.
- AtTask Time Management system familiarity a plus.
- Confident communicator with ability to work independently and/or collaborate effectively as part of a project team. Must be comfortable accepting feedback, alternate approaches, and specific direction.
- Passion for excellence, attention to detail, and continual improvement. High degree of personal integrity and honesty. Desire to maximize the guest experience and quality of all projects.
- Positive attitude. Team player. Works with enthusiasm, dedication, respect, and pride.
- Excellent time-management skills. Ability to juggle several projects at once, remain calm under pressure, and consistently contribute to a fun, fast paced environment with high expectations and tight deadlines.
- Keep updated on industry trends, fan tendencies, pop culture, and evolving software resources.
A competitive salary commensurate with your experience, along with a benefits package that includes medical, dental, optical, 401K, paid vacation, and access to game and other CONSOL Energy Center event tickets, is available. Please note heavy workloads and long hours, including weekend, evening, and holiday hours as needed during peak periods, should be expected and are considered industry standard.
Interested, qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter, specifying position applied for, no later than Monday, June 3, 2013. It is preferable that you apply online by clicking the link below. Candidates are expected to provide a demo reel and career references to qualify for interview.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have post-secondary education in a digital media production-related field?
2. Do you have experience in motion graphic design and video editing and rendering?
3. Do you have hands-on proficiency with Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Cinema 4D, and Final Cut Pro 7?
POSITION TITLE: Motion Graphics Designer
DEPARTMENT: Game Presentation
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director of Game Presentation and Production
To design and display motion graphics for The Florida Panthers game day and non-game day projects.
JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
• Create sscoreboard and website graphics for Game Presentations.
• Assist creative department with print elements.
• Create motion graphics, transitions, backgrounds, effects, animations for all in-arena boards.
• Manage multiple graphic elements, both sponsor and entertainment related, on cue and as scheduled.
• Implement and maintain correct/consistent usage of the team’s brand.
• Prepare images for print through color correction and photo retouching techniques.
• Assist with game day productions including PanthersVision.
• Assist with arena print marketing.
• Collaborate with the marketing department for print and motion graphic support.
• Manage graphic content for game presentation department.
• Complete projects on time and on budget.
• Other projects and tasks as assigned.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop)
• Knowledge of Cinema 4D and 3D applications
• Some knowledge of Final Cut Pro
• Understanding of video production and game night experience a plus
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Ability to adapt to creative suggestion and work within client specifications
• Strong ability to adapt to changes, work effectively under pressure and produce accurate results in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ