The Bridgeport Sound Tigers are looking for a Communications/Community Relations Manager. This position is responsible for soliciting publicity for the organization through the team’s on-ice performance, community outreach and new business initiatives. Hockey knowledge is required for this position. All candidates should be prepared to travel throughout the season. Person who receives the job will be in charge of setting up community events year round.
• Candidates must possess a minimum of 2-4 years media/public relations experience in sports.
• Proven experience developing and executing a multi-media public relations plan.
• Ability to pitch stories, write press releases (AP Style), manage web site, write feature stories, manage social media initiatives, work on deadline and have the ability to work through crisis management situations.
• Strong knowledge of local/national sports media and corporate-sports media.
• Must be proficient in managing stats/game notes for each game and an end of the season guide
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, MAC proficient, Final Cut Pro