Communications: Social Media
Coordinator, Social Media - Oilers Entertainment Group (Edmonton, AB)
Oilers Entertainment Group (OEG) delivers leading sports, entertainment and other special event programming to fans and patrons in Canada and the United States. OEG owns the 5-time Stanley Cup Champion Edmonton Oilers, the WHL’s Edmonton Oil Kings, the AHL’s Bakersfield Condors, and will operate Rogers Place, the new home of the Oilers and Oil Kings in downtown Edmonton. OEG also owns and operates one of Canada’s most accomplished television, event, and brand-promotion companies and has recently added Silver Pictures Entertainment to its growing sports & entertainment business.
Vision: “To be a global leader in Sports and Entertainment”
Mission Statement: “We deliver I Remember Moments by investing in world class talent, committing to service excellence and connecting fans to their passion.”
Reporting to the Director, Social Media & Publications, the Coordinator, Social Media position is primarily responsible for managing the social media portfolios of Rogers Place and the surrounding Ice District. The Coordinator will also be responsible for developing and executing a social media strategy encompassing Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and potential future platforms. The coordinator will also assist with other OEG social media, digital media and editorial endeavours, including a major supporting role with the Oilers game day magazine.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and post regular content on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Provide customer service by engaging with social media followers
- Collaborate with internal & external stakeholders to create social activations
- Analyze social media campaigns and compile analytics reports
- Execute coverage of live events, including sports, concerts, festivals, etc.
- Research and develop strategies for emerging social media platforms
- Collaborate with OEG videographers, content producers, photographers
- Assist with Edmonton Oilers social media coverage as required
- Assist with social media integration for Rogers Place and Ice District events
- Conduct interviews and write articles for the Oilers game day magazine
- Assist with managing the logistics of the Oilers game day magazine
- Contribute written content to RogersPlace.com and IceDistrict.com
- Contribute written content to edmontonoilers.com
- Support Manager, Marketing (Rogers Place & Ice District) as required
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Communications, PR, Journalism or Digital Media is required
- 1-3 Years of experience with Social media brand management, preferably for a sports or entertainment organization is required.
- Experience working with various social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Vine, YouTube, LinkedIn is required.
- Experience in Photography (Adobe Photoshop editing) is an asset.
- Experience in Graphic Design (Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator) an asset.
- Experience with web content management systems and HTML an asset.
- Passionate about the sports and entertainment industry
- Working knowledge of Social Media platforms and best practices
- Working knowledge of the Edmonton Oilers, NHL and City of Edmonton
- Exceptional writing and editing skills applicable to all media platforms
- Strategic thinker with strong organizational and project management skills
- Able to work long, unpredictable hours on weekdays, evenings and weekends