Communications: Head of Web/Media Content
Manager, Digital Operations - Arizona Coyotes Hockey Club (Glendale, AZ)
Job Title: Manager, Digital Operations
Reporting: Senior Director, Marketing
The Arizona Coyotes are growing the scope and capabilities of its digital properties, requiring a digitally-savvy hockey fan to play a central role in the development and maintenance of its website and applications, and support of its social media platforms. The Manager, Digital Operations will be proficient in the Coyotes’ content management system and have an affinity for both technology and sports entertainment.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Curate, create and publish creative and editorial content for digital channels.
2. Help develop, manage and execute digital marketing programs, promotions and campaigns for digital channels to include: online advertising, website management, mobile, email and other initiatives as approved by senior management.
3. Support senior management in defining, developing and executing strategic campaigns to ensure optimization of all digital programs, with a focus on driving awareness, ticket sales, fan engagement, and brand awareness.
4. Provide analytics and campaign reports, leveraging findings to support the organization’s digital content strategy and continually improve digital platforms and features.
5. Use internal and external data to optimize content, using proven SEO and SEM techniques that drive profit-driven results on all digital channels. Provide recommendations on new technology and best practices to enhance the brand image and amplify results.
6. Help lead research and development of new digital trends, communities, and technologies, determining what is scalable for business with recommendations for future campaigns.
7. Monitor competitive efforts and recommend changes as needed.
8. Maintain digital style guides and help ensure on brand marketing efforts across all digital channels.
9. Hold lead role for day-to-day updating and maintenance of the website, and create or update digital assets.
10. Work closely with Creative Services, Production, Game Presentation, CRM and Social Media to develop, create and distribute integrated content and sharable programming and promotions across all digital platforms. Duties may include real time social media coverage.
11. Maintain a digital content and website maintenance calendar and prioritize, track, and remediate issues related to the website.
12. Implement and troubleshoot third party applications and assets on digital platforms.
13. Assist with consumer relations and conversation monitoring by engaging with fans and resolving customer inquiries related to the web.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Design or related field
· 5-7 years of experience creating web design and content within a content management system.
· Knowledge of and experience with content management systems. MLBAM experience a plus.
· Knowledge of and experience with youth/amateur hockey community.
· Robust knowledge of the NHL and sports in general.
· Must have ability to handle multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines on a continual basis
· Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
· A natural curiosity about technology as well as a creative and risk-taking mentality
· Ability and willingness to execute strategy to tactical level
· Demonstrated ability to manage budgets
· Demonstrated ability to be creative in both content development and problem solving
Tools, Equipment, & Conditions:
· Game day/night attendance at home games (41+) and online coverage of away games, plus weekends and evenings relevant to the NHL season and other events.
Communications: Imaging & Production
Editor/Producer - Los Angeles Kings (El Segundo, CA)
Anschutz Entertainment Group, Inc. (“AEG”) is subsidiary of The Anschutz Company and one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world. AEG owns a collection of companies including multi-use facilities such as STAPLES Center and StubHub! Center in Southern California, several sports franchises including the Los Angeles Kings (NHL), Ontario Reign (AHL), Los Angeles Galaxy (MLS) and AEG LIVE, one of the world’s leading concert promotions and touring companies. AEG is also currently overseeing the development of L.A. LIVE, 4 million sq. ft. downtown L.A. sports, residential and entertainment district.
Los Angeles Kings are looking for a creative, self-motivated Producer to join their video production team. The Producer should have experience in editing, producing, and shooting video content. He/She will work closely with the Production staff to create all of the original video content for the LA Kings. This individual should be open to creative feedback and look to collaborate with multiple departments and individuals. From editing features, to field producing stories with a camera operator, we are looking for someone that wants to make their mark in sports production. If you’re ready for a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with unpredictable hours, this is the job for you.
Edit projects ranging from simple interviews to all-access documentaries
Brainstorm new, exciting concepts for content, and take initiative to self-produce content pieces within a specified deadline. Creatively control and execute content through to completion
Work on location with camera operators as a Field Producer when needed.
Act as on-site data manager for live shoots (DIT).
Ability to work as a second editor on large scale content project by syncing audio and create string outs for use in large-scale projects
Prepare completed edits for delivery by finalizing color correction and audio mix
Use creativity and imagination to produce a wide range of content from highlight sizzles to story driven episodics from concept formation though final cut
Write scripted content along with voice over for features and promos including radio spots that will be used throughout the season
Execute larger scale projects which will include motion pictures
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Adobe Premiere, Media Encoder and Photoshop
Firm understanding of video compression and standard codecs used for broadcast and digital
Experience with audio mixing and color correcting in Adobe Premiere
Experience field producing features through host and non-hosted shoots
Creative and skilled in non-linear storytelling
Ability to produce content through written scripts, interviews and b-roll
Ability to work efficiently in a highly demanding and time sensitive environment
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) for effective interaction with all levels within the company and outside the company
Strong sense of project ownership and dedication to delivering outstanding results
Excellent time management skills. Be able to complete projects under deadline with little supervision.
Basic knowledge of Adobe After Effects is a plus
Basic knowledge of lighting techniques and sound recording
Strong eye for detail - ability to notice a missing frame or out-of-sync audio
A sense of humor and have experience working with a team.
3-5 years of related work experience required
Minimum 3 years of editing experience
Background in Sports/Entertainment/Hospitality industry preferred
Interest in hockey and/or other team sports a plus
Communications: Media/Public Relations Servicing
Media Relations Game Day Staff - Washington Capitals (Washington, DC)
Monumental Sports & Entertainment owns and operates three professional sports teams: the NBA's Washington Wizards, the NHL's Washington Capitals, and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. Monumental, which merged Lincoln Holdings and Washington Sports & Entertainment on June 10, 2010, also owns and operates Verizon Center, the premier sports and entertainment venue in Washington, D.C. Additionally, the group operates Kettler Capitals Iceplex, the Capitals' state-of-the-art training facility in Arlington, Va., and George Mason University's EagleBank Arena, located in Fairfax, Va.
Overview: This part-time seasonal position will assist the Washington Capitals Public Relations Department. Game Day staff will assist with duties during Capitals preseason, regular season and playoff home games throughout the 2016-17 season.
- Assist with media lounge and press box set up.
- Distribute credentials to media.
- Pass out statistics between periods.
- Record postgame quotes.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Organized with the ability to multi-task and problem solve in a fast paced work environment.
- Hard working, detail oriented and results driven.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to be a team player and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Customer-service oriented.
- Previous public relations, communications, or journalism experience preferred.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Flexible schedule – Available for at least 90% of Capitals home games (typical game night hours: 4-11 p.m.)