Asst. Editor/Writer - Detroit Red Wings.com - Detroit Red Wings (Detroit, MI)
Responsible for assisting the Senior Content Producer with written stories and multimedia for DetroitRedWings.com and other digital channels. Written content includes comprehensive game previews, post-game recaps, player, coach and front office features, breaking team news, community, marketing and youth hockey stories. The Editorial Assistant will also take a primary role in writing features, news stories and game coverage for ancillary sporting events hosting by Olympia Entertainment including College Hockey in the D and the Horizon League Basketball Championship. The position will have access to press boxes, media credentials and may occasionally travel to road games with the Detroit Red Wings. This position may have access to sensitive and confidential information and will only use such information as directed.
· Write, edit and improve content for DetroitRedWings.com
· Interview players, coaches and front office personnel for published content
· Cover Red Wings community and foundation events
· Provide coverage for Red Wings games, College Hockey in the D events and Horizon Basketball Championship games as assigned
· Actively contribute to the content strategy for Red Wings social media and associated team publications
· Proof copy on informational web pages for DetroitRedWings.com
Supplemental Job Functions:
· Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English or other relevant multimedia discipline.
· Minimum of (3) years experience in reporting, writing or editing, preferably in sports
· Must be a prolific editor with solid understanding of grammar and punctuation
· Self-motivator with ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines, produce quality high volume work and multi-task.
· The ability to professionally interview athletes, coaches, front office personnel
· Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) and proven experience with a content management system.
· Ability and eligibility to travel to Canada or other countries as requested or assigned with the appropriate legal documents (i.e.: passport).
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Experience with hockey environment and culture
· Understanding of the National Hockey League and the Detroit Red Wings
· Experience with entertainment marketing
· Ability and willingness to work long and unpredictable hours on weekdays, weekends and holidays
· Position will involve travel and adherence to corporate travel policies
· Position will involve working in an arena environment with varying temperatures
· Position may involve moving or lifting equipment that weighs up to 25 pounds
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Communications: Media/Public Relations Servicing
Media & Communications Coordinator - Honda Center (Anaheim, CA)
Media & Communications Coordinator
The Media & Communications Coordinator will support Media and Communications efforts for Honda Center and related companies under the direction of the Manager of Media & Communications.
• Organize and handle advance media planning for a majority of Honda Center’s incoming concerts and events
• Implement strategic publicity plans for upcoming events, including press releases, media alerts, press conferences and unique media opportunities
• Strategize and pitch creative third-party promotions for unique touring shows in which Honda Center holds a vested interest
• Write and distribute press announcements to media and building partners as directed
• In conjunction with New Media Department, manage social media content and scheduling, creating and implementing programs and forward-thinking initiatives for Honda Center sites and corresponding outlets
• Assist in efforts to plan and execute media and stakeholder special events
• Develop publicity and promotional plans for promoters/agents considering bringing events to Honda Center
• Regularly work to promote Honda Center within local civic and business network organizations
• Assist with communications efforts of Honda Center Food & Beverage, including writing and editing program collateral with heavy emphasis on social media integration.
• Assist in internal communications efforts as directed
• Implement cross-promotional programs via social networks and in-arena entertainment, appropriately tying upcoming shows with current sponsors and Anaheim Ducks branding
• Update media databases and historical archives for more efficient outreach and retrieval
• Monitor news sources for articles related to Honda Center, upcoming events and industry-related issues
• Media coverage tracking and compilation
• Update and distribute public Calendar of Events to media and building partners
• Fulfill media requests for interviews, photos and event information
• Assist with media credentialing for select Honda Center events
• Conduct research and planning for special projects including, but not limited to event procurement, industry trend analysis, ticket packaging and crisis communication
• Maintain and report accurate box score event data, attendance and gross sales to industry outlets, compiling data analysis reports for internal use and comparison
• Special projects as assigned
• Support department in all administrative needs and assist the Media and Communications Manager as requested.
• Maintain the AAM and Ducks culture that attracts, retains and motivates quality personnel.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• Minimum 1-3 years of experience in entertainment or event communications discipline
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with effective interpersonal relationship skills
• Sound time management and attention to detail while managing simultaneous projects
• Interest/familiarity with the concert/arena industry
• Candidate must be creative, self-motivated, organized and function well in a team environment
• Knowledge Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Excel, Word and Outlook)
• Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights and weekends when required
Communications: Graphic Design/Creative Services
Motion Designer - Pegula Sports and Entertainment (Buffalo, NY)
Are you a motion graphics rock star who knows their way around broadcasts, who can develop ideas and execute them for a wide variety of audiences? Can you turn fast paced high profile projects while still looking to see what job lies next? If so we are looking for you.
This position requires a creative individual with well-rounded skills and various experience with boutique, commercial and network projects/clients. We are looking for a designer/animator who will take ownership for the projects they work on, and have a productive and positive attitude with clients and design team. You should be comfortable working under tight deadlines, and ideally are extremely organized with project files, and adept in sharing projects with fellow designers/animators.
Conceptualize and direct the development and execution of a wide variety of broadcast design vehicles including title opens, logo designs, transitions, in-game features, bumps, teases, LED fascia animations, misc digital content, et cetera.
Collaborate with directors and clients to push design and animation boundaries.
Develop strong, sophisticated multi-layered design and animation concepts.
- The position will require the ability to work cross-functionally with Marketing, Ticketing, Merchandising and Business Development departments to develop and execute designs based on the properties brand.
- Must be able to make deadlines in a fast paced environment and respond quickly and calmly to client and producer request
- Must be able to come up with creative solutions to stay within tight deadlines.
- Keep abreast of new technology and motion design trends / advances.
- Excellent work ethic and a passion for design.
- Perform other related duties as deemed necessary or requested.
- B.A. Degree in Media Study, Arts or Animation OR at least 3 years of motion design experience.
- Solid portfolio of professional grade caliber work that exhibits a strong understanding of functionality along with creativity.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator. Maya or C4D knowledge preferred.
- Proven ability to create unique concepts, expand and develop creative direction to fit various brands.
- Technically knowledgeable and savvy in a broadcast environment.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be available to work some unusual hours; including nights, weekends, and whenever needed
Please apply for this full –time position with a resume and link to your reel.