The primary functions of this position will include but not limited to A/R, A/P, General Ledger entries, sales reporting, reconciliation of G/L accounts, recording deposits, etc. This is a full-time, non-exempt position located within the Finance Department at the Honda Center. This position reports directly to the Controller.
Examples of Duties/Essential Functions:
Accounts Payable • Receive invoices via email and daily mail delivery services. • Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to inputting. • Obtain W-9 from all new vendors and ensuring all existing vendors have sufficient documentation. • Enter payable transactions in Microsoft Dynamics Navision (“NAV”) while ensuring each transaction is coded to the proper department and account. • Obtain invoice validation and payment approval from the appropriate department head for each transaction. • Process weekly check run and ensure timely delivery • Review expense reports to ensure sufficient receipts are attached and that proper coding is assigned. • Review monthly corporate card statements to ensure all payments are valid with an accompanying receipt while coding each expense to the proper department and account.
Accounts Receivable • Deposit receivable checks using a remote deposit scanner • Maintains monthly customer billing documentation • Processes cash receipts into accounting software, NAV • Maintains deposit back-up (copies for cash receipts segment of monthly binder) • Code and post deposits into NAV • Weekly review of A/R Aging and follow-up with customers on 60+ days past due • Reconcile A/R to General Ledger and prepare 60+ day aging report at month end • Reconcile A/R miscellaneous account to the General Ledger and follow up on past due items
Box Office • Audit daily Box Office sale summaries • Validate any discrepancies • Post in NAV at month end • Retrieve weekly Ticketmaster ticket and rebate payments and post in NAV • Reconcile all ticket and rebate accounts to the General Ledger
General Ledger • Reconcile Accounts Payable Aging and various accrual accounts to General Ledger • Reconcile Accounts Receivable Aging and various receivable accounts to General Ledger • Reconcile all ticket accounts on a monthly basis • Assist department with posting journal entries in NAV • Reconcile various balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
General • Prepare, print and mail annual 1099’s • Maintain and reconcile Petty Cash for Administration • Maintain all accounts payable, accounts receivable and box office reports, spreadsheets and files • Enter updated or new information into accounting software. • Perform administrative support for the accounting department including, data entry, filing, photocopy, scanning, open and distribute mail, etc. • Accept and accomplish ad-hoc assignments as requested from management. • Other duties as assigned
Specific Abilities: • High School Diploma required, College Degree or equivalent work experience preferred • Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Navision preferred • 5+ years of experience with the payables module of a similar accounting software. • 5+ years of previous experience performing accounting/finance related tasks • Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. • Competency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook. • A proven record of discretely handling sensitive proprietary information. • Must be self-motivated, able to learn on own, and work independently towards a deadline. • Excellent time management and organizational skills • Have a customer service mentality while supporting internal needs and while communicating with external parties.
This position is responsible for data entry, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and assisting with various projects for the Minnesota Wild Foundation and the Event Administration for the St. Paul RiverCentre. This is a part-time position working 20-25 hours per week during normal office hours.
Monitor and process daily cash activity including deposits and payment verifications
Data entry of event detail into Microsoft GP accounting software and corresponding Microsoft Excel working documents
Preparation of designated monthly account reconciliations
Process month-end close journal entries
Review accounts payable invoices for appropriate coding, approval, and tax calculations
Process invoices and payments into QuickBooks
Process accounts receivable and miscellaneous deposits into QuickBooks
Prepare fundraising event detail spreadsheets for MN Wild Foundation
Other special projects as assigned
Formal Education & Certification
Associates Degree in Accounting
Two years accounting experience
Knowledge & Experience
Proficient in Microsoft Excel
Quickbooks experience preferred
Ideal candidate must be highly motivated, organized, reliable, detail-oriented, enjoy problem-solving, high degree of accuracy, and able to work with confidential information
Ability to work 20-25 hours per week, Monday – Friday
Work is primarily sedentary in nature. Physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, twisting, lifting, grasping, etc.
Director, Tax - National Hockey League (New York, NY)
Responsible for managing U.S., Canadian and International tax processes for all NHL related companies including tax planning, tax compliance and income tax returns. Position works closely with internal finance group as well as external tax consultants.
The position will:
Manage preparation and timely filing of federal, international, state and provincial income tax returns for all corporate entities, including preparation and review of tax calculations and estimated tax provisions
Manage U.S., Canadian and international tax compliance, reporting and filing (VAT/GST, Sales & Use Tax, 1099’s 1042’s, T5’s, NR4’s etc.)
Coordinate tax audit support for all federal, international, state and provincial tax filings, including (i) working with tax consultants on preparation and review of tax correspondence and (ii) facilitating and overseeing the audits
Establish processes for evaluation of tax exposure and associated risk management
Research tax issues and develop and implement processes/solutions (i.e., international tax structure and transfer pricing)
Adhere to financial and tax reporting policies and procedures
Interface with finance and legal groups to address key issues related to tax accounting and planning
Work with finance staff to ensure that taxes are properly reflected in the corporate accounting and financial reporting and ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place to account for various taxes
Train relevant staff on tax best practices
Support all Club-League related tax matters
The ideal candidate must have at least 5 years tax experience in public accounting (Big Four firms preferred) followed by several years in-house with a fast-growing global organization. A minimum of a BS in Accounting and a CPA: advanced degree in tax or law a plus.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in U.S. and Canadian tax matters as well as have good knowledge of international tax, including compliance and structuring. Must have the ability to quickly understand and integrate business objectives with tax strategies, and effectively communicate tax requirements to senior management. Must have an excellent problem solving ability; self-starter who can proactively identify potential problems and resourcefully develop solutions. Should have strong written and verbal communication skills, be disciplined, organized and detail oriented and have strong project management and analytical skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. This position is located in NYC. If necessary, are you able to relocate at your own expense? (The NHL does not pay relocation fees)
2. Do you have the legal authorization to work in the United States?
3. What are your salary requirements for the position?
4. Do you have public accounting experience? If so, where?
5. Are you a CPA? Do you have any other tax related certifications?
6. How would you describe your level of experience in tax preparation, both domestic and international?
7. In your experience, have you ever implemented tax regulatory changes to your previous company? Provide an example?
8. How have you monitored the tax regulations to stay current?
9. How do you ensure your company is in compliance various tax regulations?
Accountant, OEG - Oilers Entertainment Group (Edmonton, AB)
Reporting to Director, OEG Finance, the Accountant, OEG is responsible for the full cycle accounting for various entities within the Oilers Entertainment Group including Oil Kings, Body by Bennett and OEG Productions. Accounting duties include, but are not limited to, posting journal entries, month end working paper reconciliations, and financial statement preparation.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
Responsible for Edmonton Major Junior Hockey Corp. (Oil Kings) accounting
Responsible for OEG Productions Inc. and affiliated production companies accounting
Responsible for Body by Bennett Ltd. accounting
Prepares and delivers accurate financial statements, financial analysis, and forecasts on a monthly basis
Oversees and maintains day-to-day accounting processes including posting journal entries and preparing general ledger reconciliation
Assists with budget processes including preparation and compilation of budgets
Assists with annual financial statement audit, including preparation and review of audit working papers
Leads full cycle accounting for all film production companies (12), managing cost reports and coordinating external film production audits
Prepares cash flow analysis and internal performance reporting
Other duties as required
Education, Experience and Skills:
Post-secondary diploma/degree in an accounting related discipline
A minimum of 3 years of accounting related experience
Experience with computerized accounting software (i.e. Great Plains, Simply Accounting., etc) and proficient in Microsoft Office.
Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
Effective communication skills and the ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with staff and customers (internal and external)
Understanding of concepts and underlying details, ability to identify errors, and foresight to strategize and make decisions with consideration to financial implications
Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently, and complete tasks on a timely basis, while ensuring accuracy and completeness
Self-motivated with attention to detail
Deadline oriented and thrives in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Administrator, Payroll - Oilers Entertainment Group (Edmonton, AB)
Oilers Entertainment Group (OEG) delivers leading sports, entertainment and other special event programming to fans and patrons in Canada and the United States. OEG owns the 5-time Stanley Cup Champion Edmonton Oilers, the WHL’s Edmonton Oil Kings, the AHL’s Bakersfield Condors, and will operate Rogers Place, the new home of the Oilers and Oil Kings in downtown Edmonton. OEG also owns and operates one of Canada’s most accomplished television, event, and brand-promotion companies and has recently added Silver Pictures Entertainment to its growing sports & entertainment business.
Vision: “To be a global leader in Sports and Entertainment”
Mission Statement: “We deliver I Remember Moments by investing in world class talent, committing to service excellence and connecting fans to their passion”
Reporting to Manager, Payroll & Benefits, the Coordinator, Payroll is responsible for the processing of salaried payrolls within the OEG Group of Companies. In addition, this position will be responsible for assisting in the onboarding/processing of Rogers Place salaried, casual and hourly payroll.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
· Process Edmonton Oilers and Edmonton Oil Kings salaried payroll
· Assists with the processing of Rogers Place salaried, casual and hourly payroll
· Enters new hires into the Payroll system
· Maintains current employees information and assists in year-end related activities, including updating taxable benefits and producing T4’s
· Prepares journal entries, income tax forms and remittances and records of employment
· Posts payroll to Great Plains accounting software
· Reconciles payroll balance sheet accounts
· Prepares and files WCB returns
· Prepares fiscal year-end audit working papers
Education, Experience and Skills:
· 1-3 years of experience payroll processing including duties such as: running bi-weekly payroll, audit on vacations, evaluations, etc.
· Designated Payroll Compliance Practitioner Certification or ability to get certified is required.
· Experience with Payroll & Accounting software with a preference for UltiPro and Great Plains is required.
· Capable of handling confidential, sensitive and personal information
· Strong planning and organization skills to determine priorities with strict deadlines
· Well organized with superior attention to detail
· Proficient with Microsoft Office; particularly Excel
· Accounting knowledge sufficient to perform journal entries and payroll account reconciliations
· Ability to work individually and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
Only those individuals moving forward in the hiring process will be contacted.
Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst - Olympia Entertainment & Detroit Red Wings (Detroit, MI)
One of the most diverse sports and entertainment companies in the industry, featuring some of the most popular venues and offering the most diverse range of shows in the country is looking for a highly motivated Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst who report to the Vice President of Finance.
Olympia Entertainment is headquartered in downtown Detroit, in the heart of the Foxtown Entertainment District, Olympia Entertainment owns and operates Detroit’s Fox Theatre and City Theatre and is responsible for booking and operating Joe Louis Arena and Comerica Park. Olympia Entertainment also books events at Sound Board inside MotorCity Casino Hotel.
The financial planning & analysis analyst is responsible for providing stakeholders with data, financial analyses and recommendations to help drive the company’s strategic goals. This position is also responsible for analyzing and reporting historical trends and assisting in the development and coordination of annual budgets, forecasts and audits. The role will also require collaboration and rapport with colleagues across all levels of the organization.
· Provide financial advice and knowledge internally at all levels when evaluating potential decisions that may have a significant impact on the business.
· Perform analysis of information to assist with strategic planning and business development including market and competitor analysis and identification of risks and opportunities.
· Partner with departmental leaders to ensure realistic annual and monthly forecasts provide a path to achieve the company’s objectives. Quantify and communicate “stretch” components to financial plans.
· Analyze and report on trends in historical, current and projected monthly financial and operating data. Recommend responses and follow up on unexpected variances to historical trends, budgets and forecast.
· Use company data and business understanding to develop financial analyses helping senior management to understand key trends and variance explanations in sales, pricing, revenue and operating expenses.
· Assist in the developing and coordination of annual budgets and forecasts.
· Coordinate and analyze periodic forecast of actual verses budget performance.
· Create presentations and analysis of budget performance and key business metrics.
· Collaborate with business leaders in all areas of the company to develop department dashboards and KPIs.
· Assist in the preparation of the finance department’s monthly financial presentation and actively participate in the meeting with sr. management to review the company’s financial performance.
· Analyze planning and analysis currently performed in Excel to identify opportunities for other business intelligence tools. Design and implement improved tools for scenario and sensitivity analyses and reporting tools to improve analysis and reporting.
· Continuously assess the effectiveness of the current processes and systems to identify improvement opportunities. Evaluate processes to generate efficiencies in the FP&A role, accounting department and the business.
· Take a leading role in building, verifying and maintaining a data vault of core company data.
· Develop and maintain written policies and procedures applicable to the FP&A role.
· Conduct ad hoc analyses, benchmarking and reporting as assigned.
Supplemental Job Functions:
· Maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in the field of finance, accounting and information systems.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities to be successful in this role:
· Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field is required in addition to at least five (5) years of experience in financial planning and analysis within a dynamic, diversified service organization; banking or private equity experience preferred.
Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
· Possess the highest integrity and ethical standards and the ability to command and inspire trust with all constituents.
· Strong technical skills in all aspects of financial reporting.
· Ability to distill complex issues quickly, effectively communicate strategies and summarize key points & implications.
· Strong organizational, project and process management skills including demonstrated ability to think end-to-end and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Experience with performance management and financial/operating dashboards.
· Exceptional problem analysis and solving skills.
· Outstanding financial acumen (strong technical quantitative and analytical skills) and judgment blended with business partnership and a pro-active operating philosophy.
· Attention to detail and accuracy.
· Highly organized, self-directed business style, with strong ability to prioritize.
· Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals at all levels of management.
· Must be a team player willing to be flexible in working towards solutions on issues which impact the broader organization.
· Outstanding interpersonal skills and evidence of maturity.
· Effective at building strong working relationship at all levels of the organization.
· Must be process driven.
· Ability to analyze procedures to ensure effectiveness.
· Exceptional financial modeling skills.
· Advanced level Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
Preferred Knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Experience working in the sports and entertainment industry.
· Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
· Frequent visual/auditory attention.
Olympia Entertainment is a division of Ilitch Holdings, Inc. the company owned by long-time Detroit entrepreneurs Michael and Marian Ilitch, best known for owning Little Caesars Pizza, the Detroit Red Wings and the Detroit Tigers. Ilitch Holdings, Inc. offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental and prescription coverage, 401k with company match, on-site child care, adoption benefits, free parking and exciting sports and entertainment perks!