NHL HOCKEY JOBS
Current available jobs in Finance:
• Reports directly to the Assistant Controller
• The Accounting Team Lead role is a full-time, permanent, benefited position.
• The Accounting Team Lead is responsible for the full cycle accounting processes of the Edmonton Oil Kings, Oklahoma Barons, Bakersfield Condors, and Body by Bennett.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monthly operational analysis and reporting vs. budget
• Participate in the monthly forecasting process and meetings
• Prepare and post month end journal entries and prepare monthly general ledger reconciliations
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
• Participate in the annual budget process
• Supervision, training, and mentorship of staff
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
• Post-secondary diploma/degree in an accounting related discipline
• A minimum of 5 years of accounting related experience including supervision of staff
• Experience with computerized accounting software (i.e. Great Plains, Management Reporter, etc) and strong skills in Microsoft Office
Performance Competencies and Criteria:
• Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Effective communication skills and the ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with staff and customers (internal and external)
• Understanding of concepts and underlying details, ability to identify discrepancies, and foresight to strategize and make decisions with consideration to financial implications
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently, and complete tasks on a timely basis, while ensuring accuracy and completeness
• Self-motivated with attention to detail
• Deadline oriented and thrives in a fast paced, dynamic environment
CANUCKS SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT
POSITION: Controller, Hospitality
REPORTS TO: Director, Finance
Looking to work in an environment like no other? One where our fans and guests are everything to us and it is our vision that they have an extraordinary experience every time they enter our arena – whether it is their first, second, or 100th time here. At Canucks Sports & Entertainment, our Vision is to be the premier sports and entertainment company in North America. We strive to WIN-THRILL-CONNECT, by challenging ourselves to be the best, creating memories, and making a lasting difference.
On July 1, 2014, Canucks Sports & Entertainment will start a new food & beverage operation at Rogers Arena. We are excited about the opportunity to offer our fans a new cuisine program and world class service.
Reporting to the Director, Finance, the Controller, Hospitality is a key member of the Finance team, providing financial support to the Hospitality division at Canucks Sports & Entertainment. This position supervises positions in the areas of accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial reporting and cash management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Other duties may be assigned from time to time):
• Produces financial forecasts and statements
• Prepares and oversees budgets for all Hospitality line items
• Provides ongoing financial support to Hospitality departments as required
• Supervises and review the completion of monthly reconciliations
• Produces and reviews the yearend audit working papers
• Treasury management, including periodic cash flow analysis
• Assists with the preparation of partnership tax returns
• Oversees accounts payable and accounts receivable
• Develops year-end financial statements and year-end financial statement package
• Prepares/reviews Hospitality payroll reconciliations
• Supports Hospitality management and staff as required
• Oversees the Hospitality accounts on the Sun accounting system and other accounting software
• Oversees compliance with all Hospitality contracts (including deadlines, terms, interpretation, etc.)
• Along with the VP of Finance, Director of Finance and other Controllers, provides overall leadership and direction for the Finance Department.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Professional accounting designation: CA, CGA, or CMA
• Minimum 5 years finance experience in a management capacity in the food & beverage industry
• Proven experience supervising, leading and motivating accounting staff
• Experience with complex budgets, forecasting, internal transactions and executive presentations
• Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
• Extensive computer knowledge, including Excel. Knowledge of Sun system is an asset.
• Ability to handle conflicting deadlines and prioritize
• Ability to professionally liaise with high-profile clientele
Our Vision: To be the premier sports and entertainment company in North America
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by clicking "apply for this position" below. This position will remain open until filled.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ