The Senior Payroll Manager will provide leadership and support for the accurate preparation, processing and timely distribution of payroll within our multi-state, multi-site environment. This position will be relied upon as a resource to ensure compliance across our dynamic organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
Ensure payroll tax and legal compliance (including hospitality wage laws and multi-state taxation).
Manage multiple payrolls, including varying pay periods and cycles.
Supervise payroll processing staff of 3.
Design and perform internal controls over payroll processing.
Ensure accuracy of monthly financial recording of payroll and related account reconciliations.
Take a project management role in various payroll-related projects; work closely with Human Resources. Examples include:
Automate vacation/sick/personal time request, approval, application and accrual tracking in Ultimate Software system;
New company payroll setup;
Compliance with NY Workers Compensation Board Paid Family Leave regulations;
Support the implementation of self-service onboarding for new employees.
Identify and design new payroll-related reports to add value for Finance and HR objectives.
Create payroll processing guidelines for all businesses, update these policies and procedures as needed.
Identify inefficiencies and provide recommendations for improvements.
Sr. Manager or above role due to the knowledge and expertise we are requesting; 10 years’ experience preferred.
Certified Payroll Professional preferred.
Ultimate Software experience preferred.
Collective Bargaining Agreements;
System and software implementation, including payroll/HRIS;
Different classifications of employees with varying pay structures;
401(k) reporting; Payroll tax filings
Food and beverage environment, professional sports and entertainment environment (preferred).
Systems, procedures, and detail oriented.
Ability to analyze detailed and complex information
Effective Communication (verbal and written) skills
Provides payroll information to other managers and employees – answers questions.
Ability to communicate across all lines of business and advises management as needed.
Strong organizational and time management skills
Hockey Western New York, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Accounting Manager - Detroit Red Wings (Detroit, MI)
The Accounting Manager is responsible for assisting in the organizing, planning, managing and evaluating the financial functions including general ledger, monthly financial statements, budgeting, fixed assets, audit assistance and monthly reporting functions for management. Ensures financial policies and procedures are met.
Manages the monthly close process including preliminary review of financial statements, preparation and posting of adjusting journal entries, and explanation of budget to actual variances.
Creates daily, monthly or event based accounting entries for Inter-Company transactions on both the DRW side and the Arena side. Oversee the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.
Assists in the creation and implementation of new processes as needed in the Little Caesars Arena and surrounding District.
Assist with the preparation of the NHL reports (HRR and URO) as well as other periodic requests for information from the NHL (ie: sponsorship reports, gate receipt reports, etc).
Help manage the Agreed Upon Procedures requirement related to the HRR and URO reports and assist the outside auditors that perform the procedures.
Assists in preparation of the annual budget through analysis of accounts, researching data, and compiling reports.
Analyzes various general ledger accounts and reconciles deferred revenue, prepaid accounts, and other accounts.
Provides monthly financial results to various departments, and review results with them.
Acts in accordance with corporate accounting policies and procedures; recommend new ideas or changes to current policies and procedures as needed.
Supervisory Job Functions:
Directly supervises 1-2 subordinate colleagues. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training colleagues; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining colleagues; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Supplemental Job Functions:
Performs various duties as assigned by management including special projects, cross train with other colleagues for back-up coverage, and assist in accounting support.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
Minimum of five (5) years related experience with a minimum two years in a supervisory role or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
Possess the highest integrity and ethical standards.
In depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and their application to business.
Proficiency in Excel spreadsheet software applications.
Strong attention to detail and accuracy with high standards for quality; ability to keep accurate and detailed records.
Demonstrated staff development skills to properly train and develop staff to meet objectives.
Establish priorities and organize work; plan and direct the work of subordinate staff.
Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills, with the ability to work across all functions and vertically at all levels of the organization.
Ability to analyze procedures to ensure effectiveness.
Problem solving skills that support and enable sound decision making.
Knowledge of cash handling procedures and controls.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience and or knowledge within the sports and entertainment industry.
Payroll Accountant - Honda Center Ducks (Anaheim, CA)
Summary: This is a full-time position located within Anaheim Arena Management, with specific oversight of the Food & Beverage Department at Honda Center. The Payroll Accountant is responsible for performing all activities necessary to process payroll, including but not limited to maintaining employee and payroll related records, processing voluntary and involuntary deductions, documenting and updating procedures, preparing accounting G/L related entries, account reconciliations, and preparing miscellaneous reports for management, etc. This position resides with the Accounting Department of Anaheim Arena Management.
Examples of Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
• Review and process bi-weekly payroll using ADP Workforce and ABI Timekeeping System.
• Import payroll information into ABI and ADP
• Interface with payroll service vendor (ADP) to resolve problems and address operational issues as they arise
• Review and enter garnishments, tax levies, etc. for accuracy prior and after processing
• Maintenance of ABI Timekeeping System for changes and updates in accordance to business needs and payroll laws.
• Review and catalog payroll reports; organize and maintain detailed documentation from ABI and ADP per payroll cycle.
• Update payroll records by entering changes relating to job status, position, rates, address, etc.
• Process any/all payroll manual checks; timely issuance and delivery of termination checks
• Timely distribution of W-2s and required employee notifications.
• Maintenance of employees’ 401(k) deductions, Safe Harbor employer match, and employee loans; Timely bi- weekly submission of 401(k) information on all participants
• Generation of various labor reports using ADP Reporting or ABI for management or other outside agencies.
• Respond to payroll-related inquiries from team members and Managers
• Maintain current knowledge of and compliance with all applicable state, federal and local wage laws and regulations
• Other duties as requested
• Post labor distribution by G/L classification, per department, event code, and event type into G/L
• Ensure cash reconciliation of payroll posting on a bi-weekly basis.
• Posting of G/L entries in Accounting software (Navision)
• Partner with Human Resources, Controller, and other Managers with labor reports as required/requested
• Maintain balance sheet account reconciliations for compensation and benefits-related G/L accounts
• Provide audit support for various annual audits
Specific Qualifications/Abilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum 5 years’ of payroll experience working with a large volume of employees
• At least 1 year experience processing payroll using ADP
• Experience using ABI or other timekeeping system
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Strong attention to detail and solid organizational skills
• Accurate and efficient with the ability to meet deadlines
• Strong level of integrity; comfort with handling sensitive information
• Ability to work independently as well as in a group setting
• Ability to prioritize while handling multiple projects
• Independent thinker; able to initiate ideas and execute upon approval
• Able to take direction from multiple parties
• Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including night, weekends, and some holidays
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
Accounting Clerk - Honda Center Ducks (Anaheim, CA)
Accounting Clerk – Part Time
This is a part-time, non-exempt position located within the Food and Beverage Department at Honda Center. The responsibilities of the position are to assist the F&B Accounting Department with various tasks related to Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR). This position reports directly to the F&B Controller.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist F&B Accounting department with opening mail, inputting payables, mailing checks, filing invoice/check support, and other department filing needs
Maintain A/P invoices and files timely and accurately; Audits invoices against purchase orders, researches discrepancies, and approves for payment; Prepares invoices for A/P checks
Assist with follow-up and research on open/outstanding A/P invoices; manage vendor statements and reconcile on a monthly basis; communicate with external vendors.
Maintain A/R documentation/invoices and files timely and accurately; assemble invoices for payment processing and customer inquiries; prepare and maintain event direct bill items such as intercompany working-meal receipts, Suite billings, and invoices, etc.
Perform follow-up and research on open/outstanding A/R invoices; manage customer statements/aging reports and communicate to Accounting team when payment is past-due; communicate with internal and external customers.
Assist in annual audit requests, pulling invoices, event-based documentation, and check support; photocopying and emailing documents.
Perform administrative support for the Accounting Department including, data entry, filing, photocopy, scanning, opening and distributing mail, and other administrative departmental tasks as assigned
Assist in other F&B Accounting projects and tasks as needed
High School Diploma required
1+ year of previous experience performing accounting related tasks
Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
Experience with Microsoft NAV accounting software preferred
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to clearly express and address objectives
Strong attention to detail
Strong ability to work efficiently and accurately, even with deadlines
Responsible for processing all accounts payable information in a quick, accurate and efficient manner for the Nashville Predators, Bridgestone Arena and related entities, including, but not limited to the following:
Review invoices and expense reports for proper documentation, accuracy and approvals;
Enter invoices and expense reports into Intacct (accounting software) and spreadsheets;
Print and distribute checks; and
Handle vendor inquiries.
Manage Purchase Order system.
Assist with accounting functions for the Nashville Predators Foundation.
Process refunds from ticketing database.
Assist with interdepartmental transactions and reconciliations.
Maintain file of Form W-9s for all entities.
Complete third party requests for W-9s.
Prepare and distribute Form 1099s; file Form 1096s for all entities.
Manage petty cash funds for the Nashville Predators and Bridgestone Arena. Maintain receipts and replenish cash.
Process invoices requested via Formstack.
Monitor and make recommendations to improve processes (examples include: hockey equipment tracking, hotel invoicing, employee advances).
Provide continuous, superior customer service and exceed internal and external customer expectations with service, communication, and urgency. Likewise, provide creative suggestions and proactive solutions to internal and external customer issues.
Communicate with supervisors and manage workload and anticipated timeline for completion of tasks.
Perform other duties as assigned by Accounting Manager, Controller, and other management.
Degree in accounting or related field preferred.
1 - 4 years of relevant experience.
Solid understanding of basic accounting principles.
Detail oriented and team player.
Proficient in Microsoft programs (Excel, Word).
Knowledge of financial management and accounting software required; familiarity with Intacct accounting software a plus.
Excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills required.
Ability to work flexible hours a must; overtime may be required.
Must be able to work at time with limited guidance.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position to perform the work. Walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items such as papers and office supplies, computer work, and answering phones will be required.
As a condition of employment, qualified applicant will be subject to a background check, including driving history and character references.
Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Must have finger dexterity to perform Accounting Coordinator duties
Must be able to occasionally lift and move boxes of office equipment, accounting files, etc. weighing up to 20 lbs.
General Office Equipment (e.g. PC, copier, scanner, facsimile machine, calculator, time clock).
Accounting Assistant - National Hockey League (New York, NY)
Highly organized and motivated individual to provide general administrative support to the General Accounting group.
This position will:
Assist in processing Accounts Payable invoices.
Assist in processing employee expense reports in Concur (Back-Up Support).
Maintain all filing including: AP Invoices, AR Invoices, Expense Reports and coordinate file storage.
Responsible for W-8 (BEN) & W-9 form database.
Compile statistics for the annual Workers Compensation audit.
Maintain communication on vendor inquires internal and/or external.
Assist in the annual audit.
Assist in other miscellaneous departmental related duties assigned.
The ideal candidate will have their ability to handle tasks and assignments from multiple people while having the ability to prioritize and organize own work. They should be disciplined and detail orientated with strong written and verbal communication skills. Must have computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel. College degree preferred.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. NO EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. This position is located in NYC. If necessary, are you able to relocate at your own expense? (The NHL does not pay relocation fees).
2. Do you have the legal right to work in the United States?
3. What are your salary expectations for this position?
4. Do you have a degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university?
5. Do you have prior experience processing Accounts Payable? If so, where did you gain this experience?
6. Do you have prior experience working in a Finance or Accounting Department? If so, where did you obtain that experience?
7. On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the least) how would you rate your knowledge of Microsoft Excel?
8. On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the least) how would you rate your knowledge of Microsoft Word?