NHL HOCKEY JOBS
Current available jobs in Finance:
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for the administration of the payroll and related functions for employers Sharks Sports & Entertainment LLC (SSE), San Jose Sharks LLC, San Jose Arena Management LLC, Sharks Minor Holdings LLC and other entities which, from time to time, may be employers within the SSE Organization.
Autonomously administer all activities associated with the payroll function including the timely, complete and accurate semi-monthly processing of payroll transactions. Ensure compliance with payroll/employment laws, rules and regulations. Reconcile payroll activity with invoices and activity related to items including health and welfare benefit programs, dues, garnishments and 401(k) Plan transactions. Develop and integrate payroll policies and procedures with the Organization’s automated systems. Fulfill payroll related reporting and analysis requirements.
Major Areas & Representative Duties
Semi-Monthly Payroll Processing
Ongoing Payroll Administration
Qualifications and Experience Needed
Local candidates preferred. No relocation services provided
**Please no calls about this job**
Note: This position was originally posted on the Sharks Sports & Entertainment employment site. To ensure that your application is considered for this position, please click here to apply for this job on the Sharks Sports & Entertainment employment site.
This position is located at TD Garden, located in Boston, MA. It is home to the NHL’s Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins and the NBA’s Boston Celtics. The state-of-the-art TD Garden is a year-round, 19,600-seat arena, fully equipped with a Pro Shop, four private restaurants, 89 executive suites, 1,100 club seats, and a multi-million dollar High Definition video scoreboard. Please visit www.tdgarden.com to learn more.
Perform company petty cash reconciliation monthly. Assist department with journal entries or other analysis as required. Responsible for replacing coworker cell phone equipment along with creating and canceling accounts as well as maintaining postage machine allocations. Convert journal entries into Peoplesoft Financials for Accruals and Account Reclassifications for Business Units-NBG,BGNC.GNC,GPC and SMNE. Monthly reconciliations of various general ledger accounts. Void/Stop payment on lost checks and issue replacement. Maintain log for check cancellations and re-issue. Calculate and prepare Royalty statements and payment request for our Dunkin Donuts Stands Assist/Prepare the Inventory Reconciliation done on a quarterly basis. Assist with other varied activities including preparing and analyzing account reconciliations to be used for budget analysis and department head review. Assist Accounting Manager and Senior Accountant with other journal entries as necessary and assist in the preparation of documentation necessary for annual external audits.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent with 1-3 years experience. Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred. Strong organizational skills, strong analytic skills, strong communication skills, and a high level of integrity
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you experience in Accounting? Yes/No
2. Do you have a Bachelor's degree? Yes/No
POSITION TITLE: Controller
REPORTS TO: CFO
The role of the Controller is to implement and oversee the necessary processes and procedures in the areas of: revenue, expenditures, payroll, and monthly, quarterly and fiscal-year-end closings. The Controller will work with the accounting staff to make sure their areas of expertise (invoicing, receiving, inventory, etc.) are accurately processed within the existing software systems. This person will perform the tasks required to comply with SS&E’s Accounting Policies and also maintain proper financial controls as mandated by GAAP.
• The Controller is ultimately responsible for preparing the final general ledger, trial balance, and financial statements.
• Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of the month end close, including preparation of journal entries, the Monthly Operating Report (MOR), additional supporting schedules, and balance sheet account analysis.
• Works closely with the CFO to prepare the annual budget, provides financial, administrative, and local operational support, particularly in the areas of cost control and process improvement with appropriate financial controls in place.
• On occasion, the Controller is required to make presentations to small groups or all team members within his organization and be able to prepare high quality written presentations and documentation.
• Completes and/or oversees all items listed on the Month-End-Closing checklist including some with strict deadlines, requiring diligently work to meet all corporate reporting due dates.
• Work closely with the Corporate Finance Department to prepare quarterly and annual schedules.
• Controller will work closely with the CFO and other management personnel to provide reporting and data analysis regarding various areas of the business, profit margins, work efficiencies, and analysis.
• Lead in developing, writing, reviewing, and scheduling various reports to satisfy reporting request, and should be comfortable using Excel functions, graphs, and pivot tables to summarize and evaluate information upon request.
• Work with the CFO to project monthly sales, margins, costs, and operating income and provide recommendations on how to improve the profitability of the reporting period.
• Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures and internal controls.
• Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
• Supervises the Staff Accountants, A/R & A/P Accounting functions; including oversight of their work loads, schedules, and job demands when necessary.
• Maintain a team oriented environment, keeping all members of the department highly motivated and work with them to prioritize new projects.
• Coach the staff to be self-starters and capable of working independently while counseling employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business; CPA required, MBA preferred.
• 5-10 years in a combination of public accounting and controllership experience.
• Very strong Excel skills to include pivot tables, graphs, V look up, etc.
• Previous experience working for sports or entertainment companies is preferred.
• Proficient computer skills in accounting software applications used to generate financial statements. SS&E uses Microsoft Dynamics SL and Microsoft Office products, such as: Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint to communicate and generate reports.
• Must be comfortable using various web-based applications, since many of the Company's applications; for example bank accounts, payroll, medical benefit providers, etc.
Great communications, people skills, and comfortable in a fast pace environment.
• Must be able to lead by example.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ