NHL HOCKEY JOBS
Current available jobs in Finance:
• Prepare monthly financial statements for Bridgestone Arena as outlined below.
o Complete month end close process to include (but not limited to): journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable, Ticketmaster schedules, bank reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations, box office reports.
o Track non-hockey sales tax and prepare TN sales tax returns and submit payment to Tennessee Department of Revenue on behalf of the arena.
o Account for parking, merchandise, and concessions income.
o Compile financial statements.
o Meet with managers to review financial results.
• Assist with Nashville Predators financial processes as directed by Controller or Director of Financial Reporting. Tasks might include month end close procedures that are similar to procedures included in the close process for Bridgestone Arena.
• Assist in preparation of various reports for monthly Sports Authority meetings, as requested by Director of Financial Reporting.
• Serve as primary representative for Bridgestone Arena event settlements.
o Review contracts with event promoters.
o Ensure box office receipts, vendor expenses, etc. are within contract parameters.
o Meet with promoter to review and approve financial settlement either the day/night of the event or the following business day.
• Calculate Direct Event Profit (DEP) projections and prepare weekly updated reports for management.
• Coordinate the management of show merchandise and calculate corresponding pay-outs.
• Process monthly payments for Sales & Use Tax, Seat User Fee (SUC), and Capital Improvement Fee (CIF) for arena.
• Prepare and compile hockey game settlement reports and record corresponding entries.
• Assist in preparation of schedules for the annual audit.
• Participate in recurring arena meetings.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management (i.e. assist in analytical review).
• Assist with budget process.
• Degree in accounting or related field required
• A minimum of 2 years relevant experience
• Proficient in all Microsoft programs (Excel, Word and Access)
• Familiarity with Solomon IV accounting package preferred
• Strong organizational and time management skills required
• Ability to work flexible hours required
Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of the U.S. payroll for approximately 900 employees, maintaining employee payroll files and payroll registers, working closely with Human Resources department on employee matters, and assisting with Finance department projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Accurately prepare, enter, audit and distribute the payroll for over 900 employees in a multi-state environment on a timely basis
2) Process new hires, terminations and changes to employee data in Ceridian payroll system
3) Review payroll submissions for proper authorization and adherence to League policies as well as compliance with federal/state/local regulations
4) Update 401(k) Service provider system for new hires/terminations and process employee initiated 401(k) actions in the Ceridian payroll system
5) Validate hourly employee timesheets and enter hours into payroll system
6) Address employee questions on payroll matters, often by collaborating with colleagues in the Human Resources and Finance departments
7) Assist in the preparation of payroll journal entries, account analysis, Ceridian reporting, payroll system initiatives and other reporting/analyses as assigned
8) Assist Payroll Manager with all year-end activities, including imputed income adjustments, healthcare reporting and W2 verification
9) Establish and maintain employee records, payroll registers and related tax filings
10) Safeguard the confidentiality of employee payroll data
11) Coordinate (i) proper funding of payroll and (ii) upload and funding of voluntary deductions to benefit vendors
1) Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
2) Ability to work independently and take initiative on problem solving
3) Ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments
4) Ability to prioritize and organize own work
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1) Knowledge of Federal, State and Local payroll tax regulations
2) Working knowledge of Ceridian HR/Payroll Web is a MUST
3) Advanced knowledge and experience using MS Excel formulas (including pivot tables and vlookup functions) to analyze and reconcile large amounts of data
4) Experience with garnishments, 401k, and other pre-tax deductions
5) Bachelor's Degree
6) Minimum of 6-8 years of payroll experience
7) Experience in implementation or upgrade of payroll application desirable
8) APA Certification - FPC or CPP a plus
9) Knowledge of accounting is preferrable
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have Working knowledge of Ceridian HR/Payroll Web? If so, where have you obtained this knowlege? How many years experience do you have working with Ceridian?
2. Do you haveKnowledge of Federal, State and Local payroll tax regulations?
3. Do you have Advanced knowledge and experience using MS Excel formulas (including pivot tables and vlookup functions) to analyze and reconcile large amounts of data?
4. Do you have Experience with garnishments, 401k, and other pre-tax deductions?
5. What are your salary requirements? (A numeric value is mandatory for consideration)
6. Do you have legal authorization to work in the United States?
7. This position is based in NYC, if necessary are you willing to relocate at your own expense? (The NHL does not pay relocation costs)
Position Summary/Description: Assist the Director Accounting Rangers with monthly closes, quarterly forecasts and annual budgets for the NY Rangers and Hartford Wolfpack. Prepare balance sheet and income statement account analyses. Complete league financial reporting packages and other special projects as determined by Director Accounting. In addition, the Sr. Staff Accountant will assist with completion of quarterly forecasts and all required financial schedules for NY Rangers. Assist with completion of annual budget and all required financial schedules for NY Rangers. Assist with completion of monthly closes for NY Rangers. Prepare balance sheet and income statement account analyses. Complete NHL league reporting packages. Complete special projects as designated by Director Accounting. Assist with the processing of hockey payroll.
The ideal candidate will have completed an undergraduate Accounting degree. Minimum 3 years public accounting experience in a mid to large sized firm or in a large corporate environment. CPA a plus. Strong analytical skills. Attention to detail is a must. Proficient in Excel spreadsheet modeling. Effective written and oral communications skills. Effective time management and the ability to establish effective interdepartmental relations.
All team members of Senators Sports & Entertainment are held accountable for creating raving fans.
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for ensuring all day-to-day accounting entries are recorded properly, timely and accurately.
Essential Raving Fans Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Seeks ways to enhance the fan experience in unexpected ways.
• Empowered to say YES, creating raving fans of Senators Sports & Entertainment.
• Knows and lives SSE’s mission every day through service, teamwork, continuous improvement, change, and fun.
• Obsessed with client satisfaction, asking, “How can I exceed your expectations today?”
• Maintains consistency in attitude and behaviour, exceeding expectations.
• Works to make a specific impression on our clients. That impression is that of someone who is Wowed, Overly Satisfied and a Raving Fan.
• Approaches all tasks with a “can-do” attitude, understanding that there is no other kind of attitude.
• Notices and accurately interprets what clients are feeling, based on their words, tone of voice, expressions, and other nonverbal behaviour.
• Takes a personal interest in clients by asking about their concerns, interests, family, hobbies, etc. to develop relationships.
• Presents a cheerful, positive manner.
• Takes ownership and sees the client’s need through from beginning to end.
• Exercises appropriate judgment in handling client situations.
• Responds in a positive manner with alternative solutions when a client’s initial request is not possible.
• Shows initiative and takes action with an appropriate level of independence.
• Responsible for coding, organization and management of payables
• Purchase order maintenance and management
• Expense report and credit card reconciliations
• Weekly deposit, reconciliation and entry of restaurant and facility sales for multiple locations
• Weekly management and reporting of accounts receivable for all divisions
• Responsible for preparing account reconciliations
• Preparation and analysis of G/L accounts
• Prepare and complete month-end entries
• Maintenance and regular updating of facility management and event code database
• Run Vision Statements
• Assist in year-end audit
• Represent the Ottawa Senators Hockey Club and Canadian Tire Centre in a positive manner to fans and the community
• Participate in the Call Centre for a minimum of 5 on-sales per fiscal period
• Minimum of 2 years previous experience in accounting
• Completion of college degree in accounting or equivalent level of relevant education or equivalent level of experience
• Previous customer service experience
• Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Effective interpersonal, and oral communication skills
• Strong accounting skills
• Proficient spreadsheet skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Team player
Staff Accountant Job Purpose:
Staff Accountant Job Duties:
Maintain subsidiary ledgers and prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts.
Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual internal financial statements using the general ledger system.
Prepare schedules required for external auditors and for League reporting.
Assists with consolidation of financial statements.
Preparation and analysis of monthly comparison of actual to budget results for presentment to department heads.
Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes.
Build and maintain relationships with department heads, vendors and business partners.
Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and responding to inquiries on a timely basis.
Team attitude and commitment absolute requirement.
Overtime will be required periodically and some nights, weekends and holidays depending on event schedule.
3 years of staff accounting experience
A Bachelor's degree in Accounting (preferred but not required)
Strong Excel skills preferred
Experience with mid-level accounting software (Microsoft Dynamics preferred but not required)
Experience with FRX Reports Writer (or similar software)
Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills required.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ