NHL HOCKEY JOBS
Current available jobs in Finance:
The box office analyst is responsible for ensuring accuracy and timely box office reporting, inclusive of recording daily sales, reconciling deferred revenue accounts, reviewing event and price codes, identifying and resolving out of balance accounts in an accurate and timely manner. This position will also be the main liaison between the Box Office, Ticketmaster and each internal department (OEI/DRW).
• Records daily cash and Box Office activity for Joe Louis Arena, Fox Theatre, City Theatre, and Hockeytown Authentics.
• Audits and record sales in appropriate general ledger accounts and perform associated reconciliations.
• Records weekly ACH payments associated with the Ticketmaster outlet, internet, phone sales and team exchange activity.
• Identifies all out-of-balance ticket accounts and facilitate the resolution.
• Accounts for credit card activity, in relation to event sales, tracking sales and fees in database.
• Conducts preliminary bank reconciliation steps, verifying sales and deposits through online banking reports.
• Facilitates other various treasury management functions including cash orders for settlements, change or stop payment requests, and reports on various bank items with relation to Box Office operations.
• Assists in audits of cash handling policies and procedures through performing random monthly cash counts and suggests updates as needed.
• Acts as liaison between ticket sales, box office and accounting and map out internal processes to make sure all sales initiatives and promotions are accounted for correctly.
• Performs event summaries for each event to be used at settlement.
Supplemental Job Functions:
• Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field
• Minimum two (2) years of related experience
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work
• Possess the highest integrity and ethical standards
• Highly organized, self-directed business style, with strong ability to prioritize
• Understand accounting principles, cash and accrual basis and auditing standards and procedures
• Strong knowledge of computerized ticketing systems and computer software, preferably Ticketmaster Archtics, Ticketmaster Host, AS400 and Microsoft Office products
• Ability to analyze procedures to ensure effectiveness
• Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
• Detail oriented – ability to keep accurate and detailed accounting records
• Knowledge of cash handling procedures and controls
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once
• Outstanding ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues
• Demonstrated project management skills with coordinating efforts among various departments and staff levels
Preferred Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Knowledge of or exposure to accounting and box office operations
• Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
• Frequent visual/auditory attention
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for account reconciliations, event financial reporting and daily cash reporting for Capital Sports Properties and daily cash receipt posting and accounts payable for the Ottawa Senators Foundation.
· Prepare HST returns for Capital Sports Properties
· Bank reconciliations for Capital Sports Properties
· Prepare event p&l’s and related journal entries for Capital Sports Properties
· Maintain the capital expenditure schedules including depreciation entries for the Capital Sports Group
· Daily cash flow reporting for Capital Sports Properties
· Maintain the contra account for Capital Sports Properties and Capital Sports & Entertainment
· Prepare and analyze other various balance sheet account reconciliations as assigned by the Accounting Manager, Capital Sports Properties
· Analyze actual results compared to budget for specific divisions within the Capital Sports Group. This includes meeting with division owners to review results.
· Enter daily cash receipts for the Ottawa Senators Foundation
· Code accounts payable and prepare regular cheque runs for the Ottawa Senators Foundation
· Other duties as assigned by the Accounting Manager, Capital Sports Properties and Accounting Manager, Foundation.
Essential Raving Fans Responsibilities and Accountabilities
· Seeks ways to enhance the fan experience in unexpected ways.
· Empowered to say YES, creating raving fans of Senators Sports & Entertainment.
· Knows and lives SSE’s mission every day through service, teamwork, continuous improvement, change, and fun.
· Obsessed with client satisfaction, asking, “How can I exceed your expectations today?”
· Maintains consistency in attitude and behaviour, exceeding expectations.
· Works to make a specific impression on our clients. That impression is that of someone who is Wowed, Overly Satisfied and a Raving Fan.
· Approaches all tasks with a “can-do” attitude, understanding that there is no other kind of attitude.
· Notices and accurately interprets what clients are feeling, based on their words, tone of voice, expressions, and other nonverbal behaviour.
· Takes a personal interest in clients by asking about their concerns, interests, family, hobbies, etc. to develop relationships.
· Presents a cheerful, positive manner.
· Takes ownership and sees the client’s need through from beginning to end.
· Exercises appropriate judgment in handling client situations.
· Responds in a positive manner with alternative solutions when a client’s initial request is not possible.
· Shows initiative and takes action with an appropriate level of independence.
Health & Safety Responsibilities and Accountabilities
· Responsible for ensuring that all areas covered by Occupational Health & Safety Act are adhered to, specifically;
- Performing workplace inspections
- Conducting safety information sessions
- Assisting with incident investigations
- Ensuring that staff is properly trained and advised of safety hazards
- Observing team members as they perform their duties to ensure safety measures are being followed, and ensuring corrective action is taken if safety measures are not being maintained
- Recognizing team members who follow workplace safety
· Represent the Ottawa Senators Hockey Club and Canadian Tire Centre in a positive manner to fans and the community
· May be required to participate in department smart plan preparations
· Participate in the Call Centre for a minimum of 5 on-sales per fiscal period
· Minimum of 3 years previous experience in accounting up to an including financial statements
· Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
· Effective interpersonal, and oral communication skills
· Strong accounting skills
· Proficient spreadsheet skills
· Team player
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ