Hockey Operations: Media/Video Production
Video Production Manager - St. Louis Blues/ Scottrade Center (St. Louis, Mo)
Job Title: Video Production Manager
Job Type: Salary-Mangement
Video Production Manager for the St. Louis Blues Marketing Production Department. Reports directly to the Sr. Director of Event Presentation.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Lead Video Editor for the Blues Hockey Club and Scottrade Center.
2. Video Director for Blues and select Scottrade Center events that utilizes the video board.
3. Videographer specializing in features and commercials .
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(1) Lead Video Editor for the Blues Hockey Club and Scottrade Center.
• Producing and editing video features, as assigned, primarily focusing on production content required for in-arena display.
• Assist managing seasonal editor, interns, and event technicans.
• Suggesting and or selecting music.
• Experimenting with styles and techniques including the design of graphic elements.
• Consulting with the director, producer and/or client throughout the post-production process.
• Organizing production office, including tape library, video files and general office needs.
• Researching history of hockey team for features.
(2) Directs Blues and select Scottrade Center events that utilizes the video board.
• Selecting camera shots and video packages for the video boards.
• Giving cues to talent, stagehands, announcers and control room staff based opon game night script.
• Maintaining order among the staff in the control room.
• Staying cool under fire from ever changing situations.
• Managing union game-night staff.
(3.) Videographer specializing in shooting features and commercials .
• Understanding camera equipment with the ability to frame shots quickly and accurately.
• Assisting producer/director with ideas and production settings.
• Interviewing talent when assistant is not available.
• Bachelor degree in Broadcasting/Communications or related field preferred.
• A minimum of one (1) year experience as live producer/director for in-house video events or live televised sporting events.
• A minimum of three(3) years experience as video producer/editor is required.
• A minimum of two (3) years experience as video camera operator is required.
• Expertise using Adobe Premiere and After Effects software.
• Working knowledge of various computer graphics software programs. Including Cinema 4D, Photoshop, Encore, Final cut pro and Soundbooth.
•Interested in hockey and general sports knowledge.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
• Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
• Strong teamwork and team synergy skills required.
• Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary.
• 17 days of paid time off, with 10 paid holidays.
• Extensive benefit package that includes a 401(k) plan with a company match (after 1 year)
• 24/7 on-site fitness center
• Tickets for Blues home games and select events at Scottrade Center and Peabody Opera House.
• Company paid parking that is safe and convenient.