Hockey Operations: Coach
Hockey Coach, Mentor and Educator - Florida Panthers Hockey Club ( Iceden) (Coral Sprinsg, FL)
Job title: Hockey Coach, Mentor, and Educator
Reports to: Manager of Hockey Development & Retention
The Florida Panthers IceDen seeks a reliable, motivated, and passionate candidate to become part of our Panthers IceDen coaching staff. This individual must work seamlessly with our Hockey Department and must have strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively at all levels. The primary objective of this position is to assist the Hockey department in the execution of world-class hockey program and growing the game of hockey in South Florida.
- Responsible for creating practice plans and team development strategies; run and control team drills and enhance the quality of individual and team skill performance.
- Provide quality customer service and act as a knowledgeable resource to participants, parents, volunteers and other staff members.
- Responsible for coaching hockey at all levels from learn to play hockey, Vanguard League, skills clinics, private lessons, and Junior Panther Travel Hockey.
- Effectively communicate any issues/ information that could impact the quality and safe delivery of the program to management.
- Provide feedback to athletes that is both constructive and productive to their growth in the league and future goals. Must be able to adjust coaching techniques based on the strengths and weaknesses of the athletes.
- Continue to establish the "Panther Way" which is a positive culture in organization, a commitment to one another and a relentless pursuit of excellence.
- Expect to routinely cover the facility and serve as Staff Duty Officer, responsible for cash outs, attending to customer problems, and managing incident reports.
- Must have experience teaching hockey fundamentals to children, ages 4-17 and have extensive knowledge of hockey fundamentals and development tactics.
- Must have experience playing hockey at a competitive level.
- Must be physically able to skate for 60 minutes continuously multiple times a day, multiple hours in a row and able to work and train in cold on-ice conditions.
- Capable of handling large groups of participants at once.
- Strong ability to adapt to changes, work effectively under pressure and produce accurate results in a fast paced environment.
- Must be available during the competition season to travel for weekend home and away games.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including late nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Hockey Operations: Media/Video Production
INTERNSHIP: New York Islanders Hockey Ops - New York Islanders Hockey Club (East Meadow, NY)
The New York Islanders are seeking an individual with the knowledge of how video production is executed for the sports digital media industry. The New York Islanders are looking for a motivated intern to help develop and assist in creating video content for the New York Islanders. This Internship is seeking someone with exceptional problem solving skills, independent thought and the ability to flourish in a highly intense sports atmosphere.
- Intern must be a local college sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student pursuing a degree in Film, Television Production, Communications or a closely related field.
- Ability to be highly detailed-oriented, and self-motivated
- Proficient with video editing software
Desired but not required qualifications:
- Prior sports video- editing experience
- Knowledge of Hockey
The New York Islanders will provide equipment needed, and training as well.
*Unpaid college credit only internship*