Hockey Operations: Player Personnel/Scout
Data Engineer - Carolina Hurricanes (Raleigh, NC)
The Carolina Hurricanes are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Hockey Operations team. The data available for analyzing hockey is increasing rapidly; we aim to be leaders in making use of that data to obtain a competitive advantage. With that in mind, we are seeking an experienced engineer to compile and maintain all available data to support both performance monitoring and analytics research functions. This position will be responsible for designing and implementing data collection and validation procedures and assisting with reporting functions.
- A bachelor’s or higher degree in computer science or a related field is required. A higher degree or at least two years of industrial experience is strongly preferred.
- Industrial experience with data management responsibilities strongly preferred.
- Experience maintaining relational databases is required; additional experience with distributed data stores or other non-relational databases is a plus.
- Experience with a modern scripting language such as Python is required.
- Experience designing user interface and data visualization tools is a plus.
- Experience with data analysis in sports or with spatio-temporal data is a plus.
- Experience with statistical analysis or machine learning is a plus.
- A basic working knowledge of hockey is required.
- The ideal candidate has strong communication skills and is meticulously results-oriented.
- Must pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen.
The Carolina Hurricanes are an Equal Opportunity Employer and provide for a drug free workplace.
Hockey Operations: Coach
Hockey Coach, Mentor, and Educator - Florida Panthers Hockey Club (Coral Springs, FL)
Job title: Hockey Coach, Mentor, and Educator
Reports to: General Manager, Florida JR Panthers or Designated Representative
The Florida Panthers IceDen seeks a reliable, motivated, and passionate candidate to become part of our Panthers IceDen coaching staff. This individual must work seamlessly with our Hockey Department and must have strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively at all levels. The primary objective of this position is to assist the Hockey department in the execution of world-class hockey program and growing the game of hockey in South Florida.
- Responsible for creating practice plans and team development strategies; run and control team drills and enhance the quality of individual and team skill performance.
- Provide quality customer service and act as a knowledgeable resource to participants, parents, volunteers and other staff members.
- Responsible for coaching hockey at all levels from learn to play hockey, Vanguard League, skills clinics, private lessons, and Florida Junior Panthers Travel Hockey.
- Effectively communicate any issues/ information that could impact the quality and safe delivery of the program to management.
- Provide feedback to athletes that are both constructive and productive to their growth in the league and future goals. Must be able to adjust coaching techniques based on the strengths and weaknesses of the athletes.
- Continue to establish the "Panther Way" which is a culture in organization, a commitment to one another and a relentless pursuit of excellence.
- Must have experience teaching hockey fundamentals to children, ages 4-17 and have extensive knowledge of hockey fundamentals and development tactics.
- Must have experience playing hockey at a competitive level.
- Must be physically able to skate for 60 minutes continuously multiple times a day, multiple hours in a row and able to work and train in cold on-ice conditions.
- Capable of handling large groups of participants at once.
- Strong ability to adapt to changes, work effectively under pressure and produce accurate results in a fast paced environment.
- Must be available during the competition season to travel for weekend home and away games.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including late nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- This is a full- time position.