Current available jobs in
Hockey Operations: Coach
Skating Instructor - The Rinks - Poway Ice (Poway, CA)
This position is responsible for teaching skating skills in groups, support company or facility events, and promote The Rinks while embodying the company’s values and mission.
- Instruct group classes in various formats including our Learn-to-Skate Program, Home School Program, community classes, facility and company sponsored events, figure skating camps, etc.
- Follow the facility’s Learn-to-Skate curriculum
- Assist in the production and promotion of facility shows and competitions
- Provide positive feedback and constructive feedback while evaluating skaters when asked to do so.
- Maintain a professional and ethical approach to growing clientele
- Meet all company standards and comply with instructor guidelines.
- Interact with customers in a welcoming and professional manner while promoting The Rinks’ values.
- Communicate facility and company program information to guests and support the company’s pursuit of excellence in all areas of figure skating, hockey, and recreational skating.
- Provide recommendations for skater advancement through the programs offered in The Rinks facilities.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Extensive history in the sport including competitive history/show experience and/or coaching experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. Figure Skating, Learn to Skate USA, Ice Skating Institute, and the Professional Skaters Association.
- Actively pursuing education opportunities within the sport and has a PSA Basic Accreditation
- Present a consistent professional, motivating, and enthusiastic teaching style.
- Highly involved in the growth of the sport and with various organizations
- Able to maintain accurate and complete records.
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- High School Diploma/GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to work flexible schedule including weekends and early mornings/evenings
- Possesses the ability to communicate The Rinks/Anaheim Ducks/San Diego Gulls vision and commitment to quality service, products and entertainment.
- Is a service-minded, self-starter who is highly motivated and possesses characteristics of energy, enthusiasm, assertiveness, drive and a sense of fun.
- Has the ability to articulate ideas, both verbally and in writing with excellent presentation.
- Demonstrates the desire to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals with varied personalities and at different levels.
- Is flexible and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- High energy and passionate about growing the sport of figure skating
- Enjoys interacting with guests and creates a welcoming environment for skaters of all ages and abilities
- Has excellent time management skills and can direct a class efficiently.
- Demonstrates The Rinks’ values in the sport of figure skating
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have experience in figure skating including coaching experience?
Apply for this position
Go back job listings
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ