Coordinator, Player Safety (PART TIME, TEMPORARY POSITION) - National Hockey League (New York, NY)
This position will assist in all facets of the Department of Player Safety on a nightly basis during the hockey season.
This position will:
Monitor all NHL games including Pre-Season, Regular Season, Playoff Games, and World Cup for player conduct and incidents that may lead to Supplemental Discipline, potential rule changes, or discussion.
Create, distribute and catalog video clips.
Assist with Player Discipline hearings and discipline videos.
Assist in producing “Informational Video” regarding Player Safety. These videos will feature explanations of suspensions, monetary fines, non-suspensions, and League Directives.
The qualified candidate will be a hockey expert that is able to work nights and weekends as necessary. Prior officiating or experience as a player at the college or junior level a strong plus. Strong verbal and written communication skills necessary. Ability to work as a member of a team in an often high pressure environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. This position is located in NYC. If necessary, are you able to relocate at you own expense? (The NHL does not pay relocation costs).
2. Do you have the legal right to work in the United States?
3. What are your salary requirements for this position?
4. Do you understand that this is a part time, temporary position?
5. Are you available to work nights and weekends during the hockey season as necessary?
6. On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the least), how would you rate your knowledge of hockey and the NHL?
7. Do you have prior officiating or experience as a player at either the college or junior level? If so, where did you gain this experience?