Hockey Operations: Official
Scoreboard Operator - Nashville Predators - Ford Ice Center (Nashville, TN)
Job Title: Scoreboard Operator
Department: Ford Ice Center
Job Reports To: Hockey Director of Ford Ice Center
This is a part time position
As a member of the Ford Ice Center Hockey Operations Team, you will work closely with the teams, coaches, officials, FIC operations, and parent volunteers to manage game operations at Ford Ice Center events. You will also interact professionally with the general public who attend Ford Ice Center’s events.
• Verify rosters of each team prior to game start (obtain necessary signatures on scoresheet as applicable).
• Meet with officials prior to start of game to ensure they are aware of any special rules.
• Operate scoreboard during game and ensure games stay on time.
• Assist in tracking primary statistics like goals/assists/PIMs on scoresheet and/or enter in to stats software.
• Deliver scoresheets, on-ice officials’ paperwork, and shot sheets to both coaches/captains/rink staff post-game.
• Make sure benches in rink area are clean and neat before and after all events.
• Strong desire to work in hockey industry and keep accurate stats
• Knowledge of specific ice hockey rules
• Ability to work in a team setting with strong communication skills
• Experience working in game day operations, event planning, customer service and/or promotions is an asset. Working with Eversan scoreboards a plus.
• Must be able to work evenings, as well as weekends and some holidays.
Essential Physical Functions:
• Must be able to lift fifty (50) pounds.
• Working extended hours, including nights and weekends.
• Working near an ice surface in cold conditions
• Including, but not limited to office equipment, barcoding scanner system, hockey equipment, and scoreboard equipment.