Administrator - National Hockey League (Montreal, QC)
Assist in the day-to-day administration and operations of the Central Registry Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Processing and management of all documentation received by Central Registry (e.g. Player contracts, transactions including Loans, Recalls, Trades, etc.)
Assist in the maintenance of individual Player and Club databases
Participate/assist in creation and maintenance of projects and reports created by the department
Study the CBA and learn its application in all areas relevant to Central Registry
Communicate with staff from the Member Clubs and various NHL Departments
Must be available to work all weekends, evenings and holidays
Ability to work efficiently in a team environment
Proactive approach to work and problem solving
Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly
Ability to organize and prioritize
Strong written and communication skills
Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, Access)
Detail oriented with ability to take instruction well.
Good hockey knowledge
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Successful completion of post-secondary education
Graduate of a Sports Management Program, while not essential, would be considered an asset
Prior professional experience in administration required
Excellent command of the English language, both written and oral
Advanced computer skills would be an asset (e.g. experience with databases, SQL, advanced Excel skills)
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however due to the number of applications received, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants who do not already possess legal permission to work on a permanent basis in Canada will not be considered.
No phone calls, emails, or recruitment agency inquiries please. Application receipt confirmation and/or status update inquiries cannot be provided.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you a legal and permanent resident of Canada and eligible to work for ANY employer in Canada for an UNLIMITED amount of time?
2. Do you currently reside on a permanent basis in the City of Montreal or within the Greater Montreal Area?
3. Please state your annual base salary expectations. Note: a response is required in order to be considered for this position.
4. Are you willing and available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary?
5. Do you possess prior demonstrable experience with respect to the administration of legal and/or compliance policies, procedures and processes? Please briefly describe your specific experience as it relates to this position.
6. Do you possess prior demonstrable experience with respect to the administration of collective bargaining agreements? Please briefly describe your specific experience as it relates to this position.