Store Manager - Chicago Blackhawks (Chicago, IL)
Levy Restaurants is seeking a Store Manager for newly renovated Chicago Blackhawks Store on Michigan Ave.
Title: STORE MANAGER
Location: Chicago Blackhawks Store
333 N. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL
Reports to: Director, Retail – Levy
Director, Merchandising - Blackhawks
Direct Reports: Store personnel, including, Assistant Store Manager, Inventory Lead, Merchandising Lead, Sales Associates (Full & Part Time)
The Store Manager at the Blackhawks Store, Michigan Avenue location, is responsible for the overall performance and maximizing sales potential at this high-end, marquee location. This position will recruit, train, & develop staff, maintain store appearance, control expenses and shortages, while maximizing profits and achieving sales goals. This position will lead a team in executing “The Levy Difference” and with the Blackhawks service standards.
- Develop and achieve planned sales, gross margin, profit and shortage goals.
- Responsible for the overall financial results of the store, from sales through to efficiencies.
- Network, recruit, hire, train and develop store employees and sales associates.
- Maintain visual presentation standards that are consistent with the Chicago Blackhawks direction.
- Implement, execute and follow up on operational and safety policies & procedures.
- Plan and execute store specific events to augment the promotional calendar to drive business.
- Review business with Retail Director consistently and discuss action plans to drive results. Establish a plan for reversing negative sales trends. Understand and create awareness of the factors to impact sales volume.
- Create a friendly and professional environment where high end customer service will be delivered at all times. Ensure customer concerns are addressed and resolved.
- Champion a clientele program and motivate the store team to meet service goals.
- Manage staff by recognizing great performance and addressing performance issues.
- Conduct regular meetings with store staff to insure communication is filtered through from Blackhawks and Levy management to team members.
- Oversee adequate scheduling to meet operational needs and sales targets.
- Executes daily and monthly reporting in a timely manner.
- Minimum of 3 years of store level retail management experience with prior assistant manager level /sales associate levels of experience.
- Minimum High School education or equivalent.
- Previous experience with retail systems, such as Retail Pro, WFM scheduling and others).
- Ability to work long hours and have a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business. This position will require the ability to work weekdays, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- High level of integrity and must lead with integrity at all times.
- Must excel at communication with customers, employees, vendors, and management at a variety of levels.
- Ability to stand/walk long hours (8+ hours/day) and ability to maneuver around sales floor, stock room, and office.
- Lifting of heavy objects (30-50 lbs.) on a semi-regular basis
- Frequent stretching, reaching and bending