Sales & Marketing: Ticket Sales
Inside Sales Account Executive - Detroit Red Wings (Detroit, MI)
The Inside Sales Account Executive is responsible for driving sales of ticket packages for Detroit Red Wings, Detroit Tigers, and “College Hockey at the Joe” through cold calling to generate new business. This position is also responsible for developing new customer relationships and strengthening relationships with existing customers.
· Meet or exceed both individual and team sales goals
· Actively research and prospect new sales leads to sell all Detroit Red Wings, Detroit Tigers and “College Hockey at The Joe” season tickets, partial plan ticket packages, groups and premium seating
· Meet or exceed a minimum of 75 outgoing cold calls per day in an effort to generate new business
· Handle all incoming calls from sales prospects
· Process ticket orders in a timely and efficient manner
· Provide excellent customer service to generate new clients and sales revenue, as well as repeat business and referrals.
· Network and implement sales promotion programs during Detroit Red Wings, Detroit Tiger and College Hockey at The Joe events, as well as various outside events and activities
· Maintain and submit accurate daily, weekly and month reports on sales activity
· Ensure timely collection of payments, monitor ticket fulfillment and maintain detailed records on purchase history
· Contribute positively to the sales team atmosphere by developing mutually beneficial working relations with all sales team members
Supplemental Job Functions:
· Sell other special projects when necessary
· All other reasonable duties as assigned by supervisor
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related degree.
· Minimum of one (1) year experience in a sales representative or call center position, preferably in a sports environment.
· Possess the highest integrity and ethical standards
· Assertive, competitive, passionate, goal orientated and a strong work ethic
· Have a friendly, professional and confident telephone manner
· Excellent time management and organizational skills - must be able to manage schedule to achieve daily and weekly goals for calls, appointments and sales
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work long or unpredictable hours on weekdays, weekends, and holidays as needed.
· Must possess knowledge of all Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Preferred Knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Knowledge and previous use of both classic Ticketmaster and Archtics preferred, but not necessary.
· Knowledge of sports and entertainment industry
· Working in an arena environment with varying temperatures.
· Lifting equipment that weighs up to 25 pounds.
· Frequent visual/auditory attention
· Irregular and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
· Exposure to high noise level
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.