Broadcast Coordinator - Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club (Anaheim, CA)
This position will assist with game day preparations associated with TV and radio broadcasts. Position will also be responsible for media trafficking, ingesting and logging game melt footage utilizing an asset management system and a variety of administrative responsibilities as needed.
Examples of Essential Duties/Responsibilities: • Responsible for media commercial trafficking • Log, tag and ingest game melt footage into a video asset management system • Track Nielsen Ratings for research and analysis • Assist with game day operations for radio and TV broadcasts at numerous locations throughout the arena • Responsible for maintenance of event schedule and content calendar by working directly with numerous internal departments on a variety of events and projects • Compile and log all broadcast air check requests • Assist Broadcasting Associate with game day preparation including but not limited to credentials, parking lists, and studio assignments • Other duties as assigned
Specific Qualifications/Abilities: • High school diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s Degree preferred • Minimum 2-3 years’ experience working in a live broadcast or live sports environment • Ability to handle multiple projects at one time while meeting deadlines in a fast paced, live entertainment environment • Excellent written and verbal communication skills with effective interpersonal relationship skills • Self-motivated, well organized and detail oriented individual with a positive can-do attitude • Proficient in Microsoft Office products, knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud programs a plus • Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as required • Familiarity with the sport of hockey strongly preferred
Communications Seasonal Coordinator - Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club (Anaheim, CA)
Summary: The Communications Intern is a temporary, seasonal opportunity within the Public Relations Department responsible for supporting department efforts during the NHL season. Position requires availability to work evenings, weekends and some holidays.
Examples of Essential Duties/Responsibilities: Incumbent will handle hard copies of many of the club’s printed materials, set-up and hosting duties for the Anaheim Ducks, including, but not limited to:
Press box set-up, both pre and post game
Dissemination of media updates throughout game nights
Interaction and fulfillment of on-site media requests
Press notes and release duplication
Statistical research projects
Specific Qualifications/Abilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. • Bachelor’s degree in Communications/Journalism or related field • Understanding of sports marketplace and entertainment industry (knowledge of the sport of hockey) • Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task and be deadline oriented • Proficiency with Microsoft Word & Excel • Extremely flexible schedule – ability to work nights, weekends and some holidays
Community Relations Coordinator - Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club (Anaheim, CA)
Community Relations Coordinator
The primary role of the Coordinator is the administration of the 50/50 raffle program at all Anaheim Ducks home games. Just passed into California law in 2016, the 50/50 raffle program is a new opportunity for the Anaheim Ducks to fundraise for the Anaheim Ducks Foundation and its charitable partners, as well as introduce and educate Ducks fans of this exciting in-game activity.
The Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Community Relations and works within the Anaheim Ducks and Honda Center Community Relations department, as well as on behalf of the Anaheim Ducks Foundation, the main beneficiary of the Anaheim Ducks fundraising efforts. The mission of the Anaheim Ducks Foundation is to facilitate and support programs that produce positive change for children and families throughout Southern California by providing educational opportunities, broadening access to the sport of hockey and addressing the health and wellness needs of our community
Examples of Duties/Essential Functions:
• Manage all game day aspects of the 50/50 raffle during each home game • Oversee all part-time raffle ticket sellers communications including training, scheduling and general information • Operate and implement raffle technology including, troubleshooting and tracking • Manage cash and finances including setting goals, counting and depositing all monies collected at each game • Reconcile tickets sold and cash received and track season progress • Coordinate and execute redemption process for raffle winners • Engage fans to build awareness of the 50/50 raffle program and the Anaheim Ducks Foundation • Structure and policies including rules, winner paperwork, CA law reporting, seller training. • Assist in the execution and planning of other Anaheim Ducks and Honda Center Community Relations events and activities as assigned • Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent • Minimum 1-2 years’ experience working in community relations, preferable in a sports or live events environment; past experience in 50/50 raffle operations a plus • At least 1 year experience leading and coordinating a large group • Experience with handling cash and management of cash and credit reconciliation • Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be a team player with a commitment to relationship building • Outstanding organizational and project management skills, with the ability to successfully handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment • Motivated and Creative self-starter with the ability to adapt and prioritize in rapidly changing situations • Proficiency in MS Office products • Genuine enthusiasm for community involvement within the sports and entertainment world • Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays as required
Graphics/Video Producer - Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club (Anaheim, CA)
This position will design and create a wide variety of motion graphics for numerous platforms and digital signage with an emphasis on sports entertainment. The position will oversee content creation, execution and maintenance of broadcast/control room CG systems, and will assist with shooting and editing video packages as needed in a creative and professional environment.
Examples of Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
Provide hands-on content and production support as assigned for Anaheim Ducks and Honda Center’s various multi-media resources, including, but not limited to Daktronics ribbons and scoreboard, video control room, CISCO’s Stadium vision, TV broadcasts and social media
Shoot, produce and edit video packages as needed
Assist with proper ingest, archiving and retrieval of digital media utilizing Quantum storage and Reach asset management systems
Brainstorm new concepts with Entertainment and Production staff as it relates to live event presentations, social media content and corporate projects
Research of new technologies with control room CG systems as relevant. Keep updated on industry trends and evolving software and hardware standards and resources
Other duties as assigned
High School diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Minimum 2-3 years’ experience working in a live broadcast or live sports environment
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Ability to multitask while meeting deadlines in a fast paced environment
Must be able to work in a team oriented and creative environment
Familiarity with using Adobe Cloud programs with emphasis on After Effects
Knowledge of Ross Xpression, Ross Inception, Chyron, Daktronics Show Control & Venus 7000 systems preferred
Ability to work in 2D and 3D environments and integrating live video, knowledge with Cinema 4D helpful
Ability to assist with troubleshooting, configuring and maintaining CG systems, including knowledge of Windows OS and Excel
Familiarity with CISCO Stadium Vision, Ross Acuity and evertz Dream Catcher a plus
Ability to work a flexibly schedule including evenings, weekends, and some holidays as required
Street Team Member - Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club (Anaheim, CA)
This is a part-time, seasonal position within the Anaheim Ducks Marketing Department. The Street Team consists of an energetic group of males and females who are enthusiastic about and committed to promoting the Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club. The Street Team’s primary responsibility is to promote the Anaheim Ducks through the use of various sales and marketing strategies at Ducks home games and events in the community. Street Team members must be upbeat, outgoing individuals with a strong work ethic who possess the ability to interact with all types of people.
Examples of Duties/Essential Functions:
• Responsible for set-up and teardown of the Ducks Hockey Spot at all weekend home games.
• Work off-site events (i.e. organization events, street hockey/school programs, sports tournaments, sponsor appearances, etc.) in an effort to promote the Ducks and increase ticket sales. Members are responsible for set-up and teardown at all events.
• Assist, as necessary, with other departmental promotional/community events (i.e. Community Relations, Fan Development, Sales, Corporate Partnerships, etc.).
• Host Ducks Watch Parties at local restaurants and bars - handout premium items, facilitate on-site promotions, communicate general Ducks information and interact with fans.
• Distribute pocket schedules around Orange, San Bernardino and Riverside counties and replenish locations as needed.
• Pass out and discuss promotional and sales collateral at Ducks home games and off-site events.
• Drive Ducks “Promotional Vehicles” to and from events. Make sure vehicles are fully stocked with necessary items for event and unloaded at the conclusion of the event, ensuring that the vehicles are kept clean at all times.
• Assist with organization and maintenance of the Marketing Storage Unit(s).
• Work all promotional give-away Ducks games.
• Assist Marketing Department in finding new events for the Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club and Street Team to be involved with.
• Responsible for data cultivation through “register to win” entries and responsible for completing post-event wrap-ups forms after every event.
• Assist with other tasks on an as-needed basis.
• Passionate about the Anaheim Ducks, the game of hockey and sports in general
• Organized with the ability to multi-task and problem solve in a fast paced work environment
• Hard working, detail oriented and results driven
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to be a team player and enjoy working in a team environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Fun, energetic and outgoing personality
• Customer-service oriented
• Previous marketing/promotional/event experience preferred
• Experience working for a college or professional sports team a plus
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Possess a valid California driver’s license, automobile liability insurance and a good driving record.
• Flexible schedule – Must be able to work home games, nights/weekends and holidays as required.
• Requires prolonged standing; ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
• Must be willing and able to work in outdoor conditions.
Apply for Future Notification Only: Future Notification
Future Notification Only - NHL and its Member Clubs (Various Locations, NA)
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with NHL Clubs or the League Office, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application, specifically including the name of the city (ies) (of an NHL Club) where you would like to work. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to “My Account-TeamWork Online” above and put in your email address and password.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. List any NHL cities in which you want to work -i.e. Philadelphia, NY Islanders, NY Rangers, Boston, New Jersey, Washington, Detroit, St. Louis, Atlanta, Anaheim, Chicago, Dallas, Minnesota, Denver, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Jose, Tampa, Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Florida, Montreal, Carolina, Buffalo, Columbus