Marketing Media Analyst - Honda Center/Anaheim Ducks (Anaheim, CA)
Marketing Media Analyst
The Marketing Media Analyst responsibilities will be divided between the Anaheim Ducks and Honda Center marketing departments and will be primarily responsible for negotiating traditional, non-traditional and digital media buying for the hockey club, select national tours and owned events. The position will also take an active supporting role in the development and administration of select marketing department initiatives.
Examples of Essential Duties/Responsibilities: • Using market research information, create and implement strategic advertising campaigns surrounding club and show initiatives. • Using broad knowledge of all available advertising mediums, suggest and implement programs that achieve pre-determined goals as advised. • Develop good relationships with advertising sales agents and promotional representatives to obtain optimum pricing and value for ad placement, campaigns & media bundles. • Effectively negotiate with partner sales agents to maximize exposure in a cost-efficient, budget-conscious manner. • Place, traffic, track and monitor purchased media and promotional campaigns to ensure schedules are running to plan and determine effectiveness of marketing campaigns. • Continually research and present nontraditional advertising and promotional mediums for consideration. • Collaborate with in-house marketing teams on administrative duties related to team and venue marketing programs. • Work with event promoters to communicate their brands in a clear uniform manner. • Conduct media research through Scarborough, among other vendors. • Assist in the development of marketing campaigns for sales initiatives of both Ducks hockey and all other Honda Center shows: Season Tickets, Mini Plans, Group Sales, Individual Tickets. • Assist in the development of unique ticket sales opportunities (College Night, last minute ticket sales plans etc.) to reach new customers. • Assist in the development of effective direct mail programs for Marketing and Sales departments (Season Ticket, Mini Plans, Family Plans, Group Sales etc.). • Work to maximize media partnerships to supplement beyond paid media with trade, promotion, and third-party promotion. • Assist in strategic planning to generate new business for premium ticketing. • Work with in-house graphic design department to coordinate creative development of advertising and promotional materials (print, radio, television, collateral, etc.). • Assist Ducks and Honda Center marketing departments with enforcing brand consistency throughout each advertising and promotional vehicle. • Assist Ducks and Honda Center marketing with opportunities outside the arena such as parking lot flyers, box office marketing materials and other promotions on premise. • Assist with tracking, coordination and accounting settlement of seasonal and show budgets. • Utilize available hospitality opportunities to develop and maintain vendor and business relationships. • Special projects as assigned.
Specific Qualifications/Abilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent • Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in media buying with a strong desire for a candidate that is passionate about sports and entertainment marketing. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills • Ability to multitask and re-prioritize assignments appropriately • Ability to successfully interact with all levels of personnel from senior executives to entry level employees. • Knowledge of hockey, specifically the National Hockey League a plus. • Solid computer skills with Microsoft suite of products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. • Candidate must be creative, self-motivated and organized. • Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights and weekends when required. The expectation of this position is to be at select Anaheim Ducks home hockey games, as well as select concerts and events as assigned or needed.
The Premium Ticketing Representative is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations of the Premium Ticketing Department that pertains to the luxury suite and premium club seat inventory. This is a full-time position requiring availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Ticket Operations.
Examples of Duties/Essential Functions:
• Build all premium events, including suites, club seats, parking and other miscellaneous events in Archtics.
• Fulfill daily ticket orders in Archtics, including SRO requests for suite holders and additional club tickets for club and suite holders.
• Manage, process and distribute tickets for individual event suite rentals.
• Create and maintain files for club and suite holders.
• Assist Premium Service Team with customer service requests from suite and club seat holder in reference to any ticket issue, such as lost tickets or extra tickets.
• Create and maintain files for club and suite holders.
• Work closely with the Director of Premium to manage all Rental Suite inventory and dynamic pricing changes. Create and manage the Premium monthly ticket mailing by building monthly letters, calendars and print files for preparation and packaging.
• Provide event day customer service to Premium clientele and support to the Premium Sales Staff by submitting event updates/suite reports and working with the Premium Servicing department and Concierges as part of a team during events.
• Work with the Honda Center Food & Beverage team on event setup and all rental suite client’s catering packages.
• Work with the Honda Center Box Office to receive and manage all relocated tickets for blocked annual suites as well as annual suites with the right to purchased relocated tickets for all future events.
• Must be able to work events at the Honda Center, which will include nights, weekends and holidays.
• Assist with other duties as assigned.
• College degree or equivalent
• Knowledge of Ticketmaster, Archtics or other ticketing system
• 2+ years customer service experience, including experience in processing orders with payments
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment
• Proficiency with Word and Excel is preferred
• Flexible schedule - Ability to work non-traditional hours, nights, weekends and holidays
Apply for Future Notification Only: Future Notification
Future Notification Only - NHL and its Member Clubs (Various Locations, NA)
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with NHL Clubs or the League Office, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application, specifically including the name of the city (ies) (of an NHL Club) where you would like to work. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to “My Account-TeamWork Online” above and put in your email address and password.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. List any NHL cities in which you want to work -i.e. Anaheim, Arizona, Boston, Buffalo, Carolina, Chicago, Colorado, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Edmonton, Florida, Los Angeles, Minnesota, Nashville, New Jersey, NY Islanders, NY Rangers, Las Vegas, Pittsburgh, San Jose, St. Louis, Tampa, Washington