Sales & Marketing: Ticket Sales
Group Sales Account Manager - New York Islanders (Brooklyn, NY)
Under general direction and supervision, this position is responsible for pursuing, soliciting and servicing Islanders Group Tickets to Organizations in the NY Metropolitan area. Islanders Group Tickets are defined as 20 or more tickets to one Organization. The incumbent in this position is not only expected to execute the duties and responsibilities outlined in the description below, but also participate in special projects and project teams that support departmental goals and objectives that may be deemed as essential by the Manager of Islanders Group and Inside Sales
Brooklyn Events Center, LLC., is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Generates new group sales business through a combination of leads provided to you and personal prospecting/networking;
· Achieves and exceeds monthly and yearly sales goals set by their manager, as well as daily and weekly activity goals (Shear Score);
· Tracks all sales related activity in Microsoft CRM;
· Maintains and grows the relationship with existing clients;
· Actively prospects and researches new sales leads, establishes qualified leads, and closes sales in-person and/or over the phone;
· Coordinates meetings with key decision makers of community and corporate groups;
· Assists in the creative concepts of group sales materials including brochures, flyers, and all other support materials;
· Provides superior customer service to clients;
· Sells Islanders full season, half season, and mini ticket plan packages;
· Communicates up to your managers and other department other Group ideas and initiatives
· Participates in special projects/project team(s) as assigned, to support department objectives.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
A. Education and/or Experience
· Bachelor’s degree required;
· 1-2 years experience working in sales and/or client service (preferably for a professional sports franchise);
· Proven track record of successful sales experience required.
· Must displayed competencies in face-to-face presentations and event selling;
· Must have experience working with database applications to include Archtics and Microsoft CRM;
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Suite and related software;
· Must have outstanding client service and interpersonal communication skills;
· Must have the ability to maintain an impeccable professional appearance;
· Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion with regard to interpersonal relationships;
· Must have a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence;
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use utmost discretion when privy to sensitive information;
· Must have good decision-making skills, solid judgment and interpersonal effectiveness;
· Must have an interest and the ability to serve others;
· Must be self-directed and able to work independently
· Must have strong time management and organizational skills;
· Must be a flexible and reliable team player, both within the department and the company as a whole;
· Must have strong communication skills, be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and be attuned to others by utilizing strong active listening skills;
· Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives;
· Must be able to identify problems, their sources and potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-to-day operations without interruption;
· Must have a strong command of reasoned, measured decision-making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made;
· Must have excellent communication skills and a high level of energy;
IV. WORKING CONDITIONS
A. Travel Requirements
May be required to travel on rare occasions (< 5%); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
B. Physical Demands
This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
C. Work Environment
The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however is expected to attend all games as well as other Barclays Center events as needed.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.