Staff Attorney - National Hockey League (New York, NY)
Transactional attorney to provide legal support primarily to the NHL sponsorship and consumer products licensing business, and, secondarily, to provide legal support on NHL entertainment/production matters and to handle other NHL Enterprises transaction matters as assigned.
The position will be responsible for drafting, negotiating and administering legal aspects of various agreements with NHL sponsors and product licensees, as well as the legal review of related advertising and marketing materials and products. Secondarily, this position will provide legal support on NHL entertainment/productions matters, including drafting, negotiating and administering talent and music agreements and providing legal support on related rights clearances and releases. Other NHL transactional matters will be assigned on a case by case basis.
The qualified candidate should have two to five years of corporate transaction experience at a law firm with experience in licensing a strong plus, but not a requirement. Superior drafting, negotiating, communication, organization and problem-solving skills are a must. Qualified candidates must also have the ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple assignments and deadlines. JD from accredited law school and admission to the New York Bar is required.
WE THANK ALL APPLICANTS FOR THEIR INTEREST IN THIS OPPORTUNITY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED. NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS, PLEASE.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. This position is located in New York. If necessary, are you willing and able to relocate at your own expense?
2. Do you have the legal authorization to work in the United States?
3. Are you admitted to the New York Bar?
4. Do you have a minimum of two years of transactional experience at a law firm?
5. Please describe the nature of your transactional practice.
6. Do you have any experience handling licensing and/or any sports or entertainment related transactions? If so, please describe this experience.
7. Have you had opportunities for direct client contact? If so, please describe two particular instances.
8. What are your salary expectations for this position?