Sales & Marketing: Media Buyer/Trafficking
Marketing Media Analyst - Honda Center/Anaheim Ducks (Anaheim, CA)
Marketing Media Analyst
The Marketing Media Analyst responsibilities will be divided between the Anaheim Ducks and Honda Center marketing departments and will be primarily responsible for negotiating traditional, non-traditional and digital media buying for the hockey club, select national tours and owned events. The position will also take an active supporting role in the development and administration of select marketing department initiatives.
Examples of Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
• Using market research information, create and implement strategic advertising campaigns surrounding club and show initiatives.
• Using broad knowledge of all available advertising mediums, suggest and implement programs that achieve pre-determined goals as advised.
• Develop good relationships with advertising sales agents and promotional representatives to obtain optimum pricing and value for ad placement, campaigns & media bundles.
• Effectively negotiate with partner sales agents to maximize exposure in a cost-efficient, budget-conscious manner.
• Place, traffic, track and monitor purchased media and promotional campaigns to ensure schedules are running to plan and determine effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
• Continually research and present nontraditional advertising and promotional mediums for consideration.
• Collaborate with in-house marketing teams on administrative duties related to team and venue marketing programs.
• Work with event promoters to communicate their brands in a clear uniform manner.
• Conduct media research through Scarborough, among other vendors.
• Assist in the development of marketing campaigns for sales initiatives of both Ducks hockey and all other Honda Center shows: Season Tickets, Mini Plans, Group Sales, Individual Tickets.
• Assist in the development of unique ticket sales opportunities (College Night, last minute ticket sales plans etc.) to reach new customers.
• Assist in the development of effective direct mail programs for Marketing and Sales departments (Season Ticket, Mini Plans, Family Plans, Group Sales etc.).
• Work to maximize media partnerships to supplement beyond paid media with trade, promotion, and third-party promotion.
• Assist in strategic planning to generate new business for premium ticketing.
• Work with in-house graphic design department to coordinate creative development of advertising and promotional materials (print, radio, television, collateral, etc.).
• Assist Ducks and Honda Center marketing departments with enforcing brand consistency throughout each advertising and promotional vehicle.
• Assist Ducks and Honda Center marketing with opportunities outside the arena such as parking lot flyers, box office marketing materials and other promotions on premise.
• Assist with tracking, coordination and accounting settlement of seasonal and show budgets.
• Utilize available hospitality opportunities to develop and maintain vendor and business relationships.
• Special projects as assigned.
Specific Qualifications/Abilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in media buying with a strong desire for a candidate that is passionate about sports and entertainment marketing.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multitask and re-prioritize assignments appropriately
• Ability to successfully interact with all levels of personnel from senior executives to entry level employees.
• Knowledge of hockey, specifically the National Hockey League a plus.
• Solid computer skills with Microsoft suite of products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Candidate must be creative, self-motivated and organized.
• Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights and weekends when required. The expectation of this position is to be at select Anaheim Ducks home hockey games, as well as select concerts and events as assigned or needed.