Manager, Social Media Content & Community Management - National Hockey League (New York, NY)
Are you a witty, creative, and well-spoken person whose knowledge for hockey is only exceeded by their love for it? Then this could be your dream job… now you have to prove it.
As Manager, Social Content & Community Management, you’ll play a vital role in the ideation, production, and execution of content and communications across all owned NHL social media and digital platforms. This is a self-motivated individual within the social media team taking primary role in the day-to-day management of the NHL’s presence and brand across social media. This professional would be the perfect hybrid of a copywriter, community manager, and hockey expert who can drive the voice and personality of the NHL.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will:
Manage the social editorial and content development process of ideating, planning, writing and executing social content across NHL social media platforms – including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and more.
Serve as a primary curator and producer of the NHL social content calendar.
Work closely with supervisor and greater social media team in the planning and development of social content.
Collaborate regularly with internal and external stakeholders including the NHL.com editorial team, In-Game Communications, NHL PR, MLBAM, and NHL clubs, in the cross-platform execution of editorial content.
Play key role in capturing, curating, and publishing on-site content at NHL games and events.
Stay on top of evolving social/digital behaviors and apply insights into creative and strategic approach to content production and communications.
The qualified applicant will have 3-5 years experience in social media, digital marketing, and/or content creation for a Sports, Media, or Lifestyle brand. A Bachelor's Degree required. The ideal candidate must have a passion for and an elaborate knowledge of the NHL, its teams, players, history, rules, and the game of hockey. Should have strong creative development skills with a focus on visual storytelling and graphic design and well-developed knowledge of the social media landscape. The successful candidate will exhibit excellent attention to detail, have the ability to work in groups and manage a large number of projects at a given time and have great communication and organization with the ability to constantly prioritize tasks. They will apply an entrepreneurial approach to their work, have a positive and upbeat attitude towards their job and requests feedback and is open to constructive criticism. Knowledge in Photoshop and other visual editing tools a plus.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. NO EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. This position is located in NYC. If necessary, are you able to relocate at your own expense? (The NHL doe not pay relocation fees.)
2. Do you have the legal right to work in the United States?
3. What are your salary expectations for this position?
4. What brand(s) and/or media entities do you think have a great social voice and personality, and why?
5. How would you describe your writing style and why do you think it would be a great fit for the NHL?
6. Describe a piece of content, social media post, etc. that you created that you are particularly proud of. What made it stand out and what were the results?
7. What are two ways in which you think the NHL can leverage social media to reach and acquire new fans that they aren’t already doing?
8. What emerging social media products, trends, etc. do you think the NHL would benefit from investing more resources towards?