Part-Time Digital Content Assistant - Buffalo Bandits/Buffalo Sabres (Buffalo, NY)
Reporting to the Buffalo Sabres Manager of Digital Content and Strategy, the Digital Content Assistant will serve as the lead writer for the Buffalo Bandits, providing written content for Bandits.com on a seasonal basis as well as other content across Pegula Sports and Entertainment digital properties as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Lead written content producer for Bandits.com, ensuring that all content is timely and relevant
· Coverage of Bandits home and road games and home morning shootarounds
· Responsible for writing game previews and recaps of each Bandits game
· Attendance of Bandits home games in the press box; Responsible for watching Bandits road games online and filing a recap at the conclusion of each game
· Assist with written coverage of the Buffalo Sabres as assigned throughout the 2017-18 season
· Additional written features regarding Sabres/Bandits community events, organizational functions and other hockey and lacrosse events in the area may also be assigned
· Hours vary with a maximum of 28 hours per week; This is a part-time paid position for the duration of the 2017-18 season
· Background in marketing, communications, digital media, journalism or related field
· 1-2 years of digital experience
· Excellent writing, interpersonal and interviewing skills; Sports reporting background preferred
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule around game days/nights, including holidays and weekends
· Ability to write and create engaging news articles and feature stories across digital properties
· Innovative person who is looking to put their creativity to work
· Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
· Versatility and dependability are paramount
· Ability to read and react quickly to situations and prioritize
· Be a creative thinker, have the ability to work on deadline, and work well within a team environment
Note: This position was originally posted on the Pegula Sports employment site. To ensure that your application is considered for this position, please click here to apply for this job on the Pegula Sports employment site.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ