Administration/General Management: Human Resources Generalist
Director, Human Resources - Anaheim Ducks (Anaheim, CA)
Director – Human Resources
The Director of Human Resources is a full-time position within the Human Resources Department of the Anaheim Ducks and Honda Center/AAM. The position will play a pivotal leadership role in the HR function for the company. Reporting to the VP of HR, the Director will direct, organize, plan, develop, implement and administer HR policy and procedures encompassing all facets of People Management activities across the entire organization.
Areas of focus for this role include:
HR Business Consulting - Providing HR business consulting to internal clients and extended senior leadership team. This HR Director will advise, coach and facilitate discussions with department heads so that together a comprehensive people plan is built and implemented. The HR Director will also partner with the Vice President to drive the vision and strategy for the Human Resources team.
Talent Strategy: Guide clients in developing a “buy, build, borrow” strategy for talent and collaborate with Talent Acquisition to hire new talent as needed by the business.
Leadership Development: Develop leadership strategies targeted to the management level and work closely with Talent Management experts to implement programs promoting growth and internal mobility.
Employee Development: Translate needs into development programs that target career pathing and helping managers learn to coach and give feedback to employees.
Change Management: Facilitate the development of a high-performing team, driving culture change through initiatives that evolve the culture and the talent within the organization. Deliver innovative culture-building ideas that create team cohesiveness. Function as a member of the leadership team providing insights and recommendations on ways to continuously improve the organization, implement new growth strategies, and achieve financial objectives
Examples of Duties/Essential Functions:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field, business administration preferred. SPHR certification a plus
· Significant relevant experience in progressively responsible human resources roles, including 5 – 10 years’ leadership experience
· Experience in organizational design and development strongly desirable
· Extensive experience and success in recruitment and high volume staffing
· Solid technical HR background, especially in California employment law
· Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
· High Customer service orientation
· Previous experience in hospitality and sports entertainment preferred
· Previous experience in implementing HRIS systems preferred
· Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends and some holidays as required.
· Building Solutions: Comfortable with disrupting the status quo; develops effective, creative and pragmatic solutions by taking a consultative approach
· Market Insight: Maintains comprehensive and current knowledge on the HR discipline, anticipating future trends in industry including regulatory compliance
· Business acumen: Demonstrates sound awareness and business insight, applying this to their work and bringing this perspective to the HR function
· Data and Metrics: Tracks and utilizes a range of data metrics to guide discussions and improve performance
· Navigating change: Effective navigator of change through appropriate scoping and regular communication with key stakeholders
· Feedback and Coaching: Promotes development of others and effectively coaches and counsels. Be a trust builder maintaining confidentiality and be an excellent listener (really hear) and motivator of others to inspire greatness.
· Personal Development: Owns personal development by being curious and open to feedback, demonstrating both self-awareness and a willingness to learn.
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ