Pre/Post Event Housekeeper - Vancouver Canucks (Vancouver, BC)
CANUCKS SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT
CLAC, LOCAL 501 BARGAINING UNIT POSITION (Part-time)
Classification: Pre/Post Event Housekeeper Department: Facility Operations & Engineering Reports to: Supervisor, Housekeeping Date posted: September 27, 2013
This notice will be posted for at least ten (10) calendar days. We have an on-going need for Post Event Housekeepers. Please apply at anytime, qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
At Canucks Sports & Entertainment our fans and guests are everything to us, and it is our vision that they have an extraordinary experience every time they enter our arena – whether it is their first, second, or 100th time here. We strive to create memorable moments and lasting relationships with our fans and guests, and we do that through delivering exceptional service.
Each and every one of our employees plays a very important role in providing an exceptional experience to our fans and guests. We need positive, energetic and enthusiastic individuals with an accomplished background in customer service to help create that extraordinary experience.
As a Pre/Post Event Housekeeper, job functions include:
• Cleaning the facility and perimeter areas prior to and after an event has finished (with the majority of shifts being graveyard)
• Other duties may be assigned as required
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
• Must be able to:
o work graveyard shifts (i.e. 11pm - 7am)
o safely lift 35 lbs. (removing full garbage bags and carrying to a deposit location)
o withstand repetitive bending, stretching, reaching, kneeling, and twisting
o work with the various cleaning solutions with the appropriate personal protective equipment
• Ability to learn WHMIS system and use of cleaning tools/equipment
• Ability to learn to use a radio
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• First Aid certificate
• Experience in working in a service oriented role
• Knowledge or interest in sport and entertainment events
• WHMIS training
• Previous housekeeping experience
• Building Service Worker/Janitorial certification
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by clicking "apply for this position" below. This position will remain open until filled.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have previous cleaning and maintenance experience?
2. Are you able to work graveyard shifts (i.e. 11pm - 7am)?