NHL HOCKEY JOBS
CANUCKS SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT
CLAC, LOCAL 501 BARGAINING UNIT POSITION
Classification: Event Housekeeper
Department: Facility Operations & Engineering
Reports to: Guest Supervisor, Housekeeping
Date Posted: January 6, 2014
This notice will be posted for at least (10) calendar days.
At Canucks Sports & Entertainment our fans and guests are everything to us, and it is our vision that they have an extraordinary experience every time they enter our arena – whether it is their first, second, or 100th time here. We strive to create memorable moments and lasting relationships with our fans and guests, and we do that through delivering exceptional service.
Each and every one of our employees plays a very important role in providing an exceptional experience to our fans and guests. We need positive, energetic and enthusiastic individuals with an accomplished background in customer service to help create that extraordinary experience.
As an Event Housekeeper, job functions include:
• Maintaining the cleanliness and safety of our seating and public areas throughout the facility during an event
• Directing and assisting our guests with any service-related issues
• Other duties may be assigned as required
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
• Must be able to:
o safely lift 35 lbs. (removing full garbage bags and carrying to a deposit location)
o complete bending motions to undertake floor maintenance (sweeping, mopping and garbage collection)
o work with the various cleaning solutions with the appropriate personal protective equipment
o work in a noisy and crowded environment
• Ability to learn and manage various programs including emergency response system, crowd control, lost children, alcohol program, etc.
• Ability to learn WHMIS system and use of cleaning tools/equipment
• Ability to learn to use a radio
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Successful completion of customer service training would be an asset (e.g., Super Host, Hospitality training)
• First Aid certificate
• Training in assisting the special needs public
• Fluent in a second or third language in addition to English
• Experience in working with the general public in a service oriented role
• Knowledge or interest in sport and entertainment events
• WHMIS training
• Previous housekeeping experience
• Building Service Worker/Janitorial certification
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by clicking "apply for this position" below. This position will remain open until filled.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have previous cleaning and maintenance experience?
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ