NHL HOCKEY JOBS
CANUCKS SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT
Position: Coordinator, Health, Safety & Security
Department: Event Services
Reports To: Manager, Security, Safety & Alcohol Compliance
Committed to excellence, this position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of health and safety for staff, guests, partners and contractors at Rogers Arena. Participation in the security of Rogers Arena is also an integral part of this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Other duties may be assigned, as required):
• Co-ordinate emergency preparedness program, this includes conducting health and safety training with full and part-time staff, overseeing orientation training of all new employees, reviewing emergency plans and updating Emergency Response Manual.
• Conduct risk assessments and provide recommendations to eliminate risks and hazards in the workplace and conduct all workplace accident investigations.
• Oversee in collaboration with human resources, violence in the workplace program, including training of employees, conducting investigations, and making recommendations as appropriate.
• Design and deliver training programs, policies, and procedures to support a comprehensive Occupational Health & Safety plan.
• Oversee communicable illness program.
• Work with Facility Operations and Engineering to ensure compliance by all Contractors in completing Pre-Job Safety plans and orientation and conduct workplace inspections.
• Co-ordinate first aid program including: management of files of first aid treatments; administering database; maintaining first aid supplies and inventory; and providing first aid treatment as required.
• Chair the Joint Health & Safety committee and ensure all inspections are conducted and followed up on in a timely manner.
• Work with Event Manager to ensure all health & safety requirements are adhered to for events and liaise with First Aid service provider to ensure adequate staffing levels of first aid staff for all events.
• Participate in WorkSafeBC RTW program in collaboration with human resources and respective department managers, ensuring the claims management process is followed and produce WorkSafeBC Occupational Health & Safety reports as required.
• Perform Work Duty Manager shifts during events as required. This includes being a liaison with the Vancouver Police Department, overseeing security concerns at the event, responding to unionized employee performance issues, and assisting the Event Manager.
• Prepare and/or review incident reports as required in order to conduct more thorough investigations and introduce loss prevention initiatives.
• Assist with administration of base building contract, this includes ensuring adequate staffing levels are maintained for event and non-event day’s and ensuring staff are able to respond to fire safety system, surveillance system, and other emergency situations.
• Assess security systems and identify methods for enhancing security of personnel and guests, while ensuring cost effectiveness and efficiency.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Related post-secondary diploma (preferred) and/or certification
• 3 – 5 years in a health and safety position
• OFA Level 2 First Aid
• Strong security background, sound understanding of security systems and administration
• Valid Security license
• 1 – 2 years of Supervisory experience
• Strong organizational skills
• Creative thinker with the ability to identify ways to improve systems and procedures
• Able to work evening and weekends as required
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by clicking "apply for this position" below. This position will remain open until filled.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have 3 – 5 years in a health and safety position?
2. Do you have a valid OFA Level 2 First Aid certificate?
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ