NHL HOCKEY JOBS
CANUCKS SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT
Position: Sous Chef
Department: Hospitality - Chef Services
Reports to: Executive Chef
Looking to work in an environment like no other? One where our fans and guests are everything to us and it is our vision that they have an extraordinary experience every time they enter our arena – whether it is their first, second, or 100th time here. At Canucks Sports & Entertainment, our Vision is to be the premier sports and entertainment company in North America. We strive to WIN-THRILL-CONNECT, by challenging ourselves to be the best, creating memories, and making a lasting difference.
On July 1, 2014, Canucks Sports & Entertainment will start a new food & beverage operation at Rogers Arena. We are excited about the opportunity to offer our fans a new cuisine program and world class service. If you are a customer focused, enthusiastic individual passionate about food, delivering outstanding service and creating unforgettable guest experiences, we encourage you to apply for a spot on our team.
The Sous Chef will be responsible for the creation and service of outstanding food and for the daily supervision and production of culinary operations including game and non game day events. This position is also responsible for ensuring that exceptional hospitality is provided, alcoholic beverages are served safely, food quality and sanitation standards are maintained at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(other duties may be assigned as required)
• Responsible for the overall management of culinary staff including supervising activities of cooks and stewards.
• Supports the hiring and training of all culinary team members
• Coordinates all food requisitions for event menu requirements
• Creates menus for specific client requests
• Engages with arena guests, as well as, team members to ensure exceptional hospitality is received at all times
• Work with Managers to ensure correct billing of events, including food, labor, props, rentals, taxes and gratuities
• Maintains sanitation standards throughout the kitchens to comply with Provincial regulations.
• Manage sales revenues and operating expenses effectively
• Provides input into product ordering and oversees receiving within corporate specifications.
• Ensures food quality in presentation and production throughout the venue
• Supports the mentorship and development of all culinary team members on a daily basis
• Partners with other Hospitality and Rogers Arena Leadership to ensure a successful operation
• Assists with other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Minimum 5 years' experience as a Sous Chef, preferably at a high volume, similar sized facility
• Equivalent Red Seal certification, a degree in the Culinary Arts or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• An inspiring leader who has proven skills rallying a team to achieve its highest potential, and then driving it to the next level
• An ongoing awareness and responsiveness to client satisfaction.
• Exceptional interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, where building a rapport comes naturally
• Impeccable creative culinary abilities
• Experience in food costing and menu development
• Experience in garde manger, large quantity cooking and high volume line expediting and buffet presentations is an asset
• Knowledge of wine
• Highly committed to a premium level of quality
• Skilled at developing and creating dining experiences that drive customer satisfaction and loyalty.
• Solid organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at one time
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Displays a positive attitude, maintains enthusiasm and celebrates success
• Computer literate in systems related to the department
• Understanding of Industry business principles
• As we are an event based business, it is essential to have the flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Our Vision: To be the premier sports and entertainment company in North America
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by clicking "apply for this position" below. This position will remain open until filled.
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ